FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

dst1989
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile How I Shrunk My Fibroids (YIPPEE!!)

Like most women, I've tried many things to shrink my fibroids and the ovarian cyst in my right ovary. After months of trying different things, I can finally say that I have found what works for me. My period this month has been the best that I've had in a long time. There are hardly any clots (just some small, thin ones which are quite normal to have) and my cramps aren't as painful. I don't even need to take anything for the discomfort (very mild indeed). My fibroids no longer press on my bladder. so I can pee like a racehorse now (WOOHOO!). And, I no longer have a feeling of heaviness in my lower abdomen. What is working for me is the following:
    - removed all personal care products that contained parabens (which are xenoestrogenic); only use organic/natural personal care products (deodorant, lotion, toothpaste, facial moisturizer, etc.)
    - stopped eating all dairy, white flour foods, red meat and processed foods (no lunchmeat, etc.) and any foods containing unfermented soy (soybeans, soybean oil, etc.)
    - only eat wild caught salmon, organic chicken that has not been fed soybeans and organic fruits and vegetables (when I can get them)
    - began a juicing regmen (fresh fruits and vegetables)
    - THE FOLLOWING SUPPLEMENTS ARE WHAT HAVE REALLY HELPED!!
    - Added natural sea salt to my diet
    - Iodoral (contains iodine and iodide) - (50 mg 3 times a day)
    - 3000 mg Vitamin C per day (1000 mg 3 times a day)
    - 200 mcg Selenium per day
    - Zinc
    - Drink at least a gallon of water each day (or more)
    - Magnesiuim Citrate
    - CoQ10

Good luck ladies. The Iodoral, Vitamin C, Selenium and Magnesium are the key to getting rid of the fibroids and cysts along with the removal of estrogenic foods and personal care products. It works and I am the proof!! You don't have to spend a lot of money on enzyme therapy or on surgery that you don't need!!

I actually was pregnant this month (much to my amazement since I was not trying and we only were intimate once after what I assumed to be my O time due to my DH being out of town), but it turned out to be a chemical. Just having a successful implantation was a breakthrough for me since my previous implantations failed. My body has indeed come a long way. The fibroids were preventing implantation. I've also been doing biweekly acupuncture sessions to improve my circulation. They have helped as well. My resting body temp has increased to over 98 deg.

I'm now taking DHEA (75 mg 3 x day) to improve my egg quality. I expect to be pregnant in January!!

Forgot to add that I have also been doing acupuncture twice a month to improve my circulation. That has also helped a lot. Used to have cold hands and feet, but acupuncture has helped with that overall.

God Bless!!
    Last edited by dst1989; 10-17-2009 at 01:08 AM.

2. Advertisement

egirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you buy Iodoral? I have fibroids and have read stories about how getting iodine balances right can help with making them disappear.

Can I ask what brand you bought as well? It's not something I'm familiar with.

I just added in pycnogenol and resveratrol to my protocol and hope they will work for me.
    Linda

2 IUI, 10 IVFs, 1 FET. In all, 30 embryos transferred, not a single BFP.
    Stage 4 endo, fallopian tubes destroyed/removed.
    MTHFR hetero, elevated NKs, NKUs, cytokines.
    Moving onto GS using my own eggs in 2011/2012.

dst1989
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped taking Resveratrol a few months ago. I read "somewhere" that it might contain some estrogenic compound(s). I don't recall the details at the moment. I ordered my Iodoral using the Internet. There are several sites that sell it. I last ordered 90 capsules. Let me check my e-mail history and I can give you the url to the site that had the best price and service was great as well. Be sure to take Selenium, Magnesium and Vitamin C as well. That is important. Also, you might want to start with a lower dose (like 1 50 mg per day for about a week and work up to 3 a day) to see how you feel. For me, I started with the 50 mg 3 x per day and felt so much better from the beginning. It has done wonders for me. I plan to get an u/s early next year to confirm what I already know. The iodoral will help with your endo as well. Initially, you will have some detox symptoms as the iodine influx will cause the bromide to be scraped off your thyroid enabling the thyroid to better use the iodine. I had a mild headache and some body odor (I know...it was strange...had to shower twice a day for about a week and a half, but I read that it is a detox symptom...body getting rid of toxins through the skin). There is more information on the web. I can send you some urls if you want to read more about it. Just let me know. I hope you feel better. Iodine will certainly help as long as you stick with it!

libran68
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Adding Resveratrol and L-Arginine increased my last IVF egg yield from 4 to 11 so I'm very pleased with the results. I was curious about DHEA and after researching a but was concerned about increased estradiol and testesterone levels. Please let us know how it works for you and nice job shrinking those fibroids!