FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

IVFmama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

healing from myomectomy?

How long should it take for you to be totally pain free after an abdominal myomectomy? I am almost at 4 months and it still hurts like hell when I touch that area.

2. Advertisement

veda
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My friend who had this procedure says that the soreness lasted her six months.

maddiemonk
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I was walking my two yellow labs at 2weeks post abdominal NOT laproscopic myomectomy....and working again 3 weeks post procedure....i waited 6 month to do IVF and just found out i am pregnant. all people have different experiences..mine was not bad..good luck

IVFmama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am now close to 7 months and still in pain. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal?

sharlene beach
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, I have had a myomectomy / polypectomy in July this year. I have strong lower abdominal cramps that come and go during the month. I'm not smart enough to know if this is related to the op or not (lol). In fact more so than before the surgery when I think about it. I am also curious to know if it does grow back and what are the odds. Still waiting to fall pregnant.

Gigih
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a myomectomy last May (slice and dice not lap) and fully recovered within about three weeks with no lasting side affects. At the time the one fibroid taking up valuable resources in my uterus was the only one I had. Over a year later I have five new fibroids, all outside the uterus and am trying to decide if it is worth removing them. My OBGYN is worried about one because it is 5cm, but I do not have any symptoms other than some occasional heaviness in the pelvic area. I think once you have a fibroid you are prone to have more, unfortunately.

Gigi