FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
How Do You Get People To Read a Pollution Study?  Link It To Sperm Quality

Medicmedic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angry

How Do You Get People To Read a Pollution Study? Link It To Sperm Quality

How do you get an entire planet to read a long, boring story on climate changes??? You link it to sperm quality... Buried in the dry paper about the effects we are having on the climate is a line or two about the state of reproductive health. And then this statement was made online: Two thirds of the semen samples in storage at sperm banks in Shanghai fall below the acceptable levels of the World Health Organization. Many donors were diagnosed with oligospermia (low sperm count) and azoospermia (no sperm). See a related article here: Pollution pushes Shanghai towards semen crisis

Do you think the sperm quality is affected because of pollution? Do you think this was just a very effective attention grabber? Have you reduced your toxins, either by reducing the number ingested or by moving to a less polluted city and found your sperm health increased?
    Me- 41 Secondary Infertility, Hydrosalpinx, DH- 26 No known defects
    My Own Eggs- IVF 10/12 BFN, IVF 12/12 BFN, FET 1/13 BFN, IVF 2/13 BFN
    Donor Eggs- IVF 4/13 Frozen Eggs BFN, IVF 7/13 Fresh Donor eSet BFN, FET 8/13 BFN; FET eSET 10/13 BFN; FET of 2 11/13 BFP, first beta 304, second 1106, third 10246 (5w4d pg) u/s shows ONE bean!

My blog - Normal People Don't Talk About This

2. Advertisement

JaniTomas
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Infertility treatment has become especially important in decades. The well-being and standard of living is increasing from year to year, but significantly affected the basic and necessary for the function of reproduction of the human body. Scientists enthusiastically argue that it is the cause of infertility progressive population of the Earth: environmental pollution, rapid development of technology, genetically modified foods, or any other adverse environmental factors, while the number of infertile couples is increasing.