FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

NikkiRMO
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Injectables didn't work ( please read I need feedback!)

Greetings,
    Well this is my first cycle on injectables ( follistim AQ ) and I went for my baseline U/S and blood work. I went back a week later and follicles were too small ( per doctor) and my blood level was only 80, should have been 300 per doctor. So my doctor had me stop the medications. We used a whole vile of 600 IUI this cycle. My doctor agreed to give me a free one once we figure out what is going on. The doctor told me that its possible that A. my ovaries are not working at all or B. I need a lot higher dose of the medication. One of my questions is has this ever happened to anyone else. My doctor told me that this has never happened to any of his other patients. He is going to do a "claimed" challenge on me next month. I will have a blood level done at the beginning of my cycle ( day 3) take Clomid day 5-9 and then another blood test on day 10. He said that this should show if I have any eggs or if my ovaries are working.

A brief history of what I've been through so far...I was on Clomid first cycle got pregnant and miscarried almost as soon as I found out I was pregnant. 2nd misscarriage in 5 years ago ( I was married before and stopped trying after 1st miscarriage and soon divorced). Have since found out that I have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome ( Immune issues) that makes me miscarry. So we've been trying to get pregnant as soon as we got the green light after miscarriage. We did about 5-6 cycles of Clomid and then about 6 more of Femera and then 2 more of Clomid, with no luck. We thought injectables were our last ditch effort. We also had 3 cycles of IUI with the Femera. We can't afford IVF and if we find out that things are not good this month we will likely adopt. But I was hoping that others would have success stories after having similar problems that I've had. If so please let me know .
    Hugs,
    Nikki
    Me 35
    DH 37
    TTC for almost 2 years. Numerous IUI's, CLomid, Femera, Follistim, Nothing worked. Went on vacation unmedicated and came back lucky. Due date October 11, 2007! Also have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome on Lovenox throughout my pregnancy and baby asprin. Also have high blood pressure, pretty stable right now with meds.

2. Advertisement

mariah807
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nikki,

I had a similar situation happen to me with my first cycle for IVF. My RE did not RX enough Follistim and menupor to stimulate my ovaries. I only had one follie in each and cancelled this cycle. My RE waited a month to start again with double dosing each of the meds- follistim 425, menupor 225. I was really upset b/c my INS. doesn't cover meds. We just spent 2000 for the cycle #1 and 4000 for cycle #2. But that did the job and RE was able to retrieve 12 eggs, fertilizing only 6. But he only wanted to transfer 2 embies. I had my beta done 8/8 and got a BFN. It was really hard to accept it and I am still sadden by it. RE wasn't able to freeze any of the embies either. We are still deciding on when to do IVF #2. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this situation. This may not be the success story you were hoping for, but just stay strong and that BFP will come our way when you least expect it! ~ mariah

NikkiRMO
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mariah,
    Thanks so much for your story. Sorry to hear that your cycle came back with a BFN. If you decide to move on to IVF cycle #2 I wish you much luck. Please stay in touch and let me know how things progress for you. Have you been trying TTC for a long time? When did you decide to move to IFV?? Its about time for bed here, look forward to hearing from you again some time.
    Hugs,
    Nikki
    Me 35
    DH 37
    TTC for almost 2 years. Numerous IUI's, CLomid, Femera, Follistim, Nothing worked. Went on vacation unmedicated and came back lucky. Due date October 11, 2007! Also have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome on Lovenox throughout my pregnancy and baby asprin. Also have high blood pressure, pretty stable right now with meds.

Quita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my 2nd IU cycle with Follistm and ovidrel as the trigger. The first cycle i was on 150 for 5 days then 300 for 4 days then 400 for the next 6 days. my blood levels did nto reach 300 and i only got one follicle that was 18 and one that was 14 (too small). I have been on 600 per day for 10 days and just has an US today. I have 3 follicles that are 19/18/20. I will trigger tonight and have my IUI on Friday. So yes it happens sometimes it takes a lot more medication to get a repsonse from your ovaries. 600 pedr day worked for me but it still only gave me 3 follicles and not 12 or 15.

Q

Quita
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    m--your right! but i was watching a show on discovery channel yesterday and they were doing IVF and the women all got over 10 eggs retrieved...but i know that cycle is different.