FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Babyluck
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Repeated IVF/FET failure?

Anyone here have repeated IVF/FET failure with good quality embies. This is my 5th cycle. The first two cycles I can discount because scarring was found (and later removed) which may have prevented pregnancy. In all my cycles two good quality embies were put back and each time I got a BFN. My lining never gets above 8mm and I think this could be the reason. Is anyone else getting repeated failures despite good quality embies?

Sam

2. Advertisement

Lauren2005
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My best advice is IMMUNE TESTING as was already suggested. The fact that you had scar tissue is actually a red flag for reproductive immune issues. Don't waste any more time or money doing IVF/FET until you have a FULL immune panel run. Don't be surprised if your doctors don't think it's necessary. But before you agree with them, ask yourself the same question that you posted at the start of this thread. What they are doing ISN'T working. So you'll need to take the initiative yourself to get answers.

Best wishes,
    Lauren

see http://www.repro-med.net

Babyluck
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies,

I already have a son who was conceived naturally before I got the scarring problems so obviously I had no problems with this them? Is this someone that could develop?

Sam

Lauren2005
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, reproductive immunology issues are VERY common after one successful birth. There are a wide variety of potential reasons for this. Please take a look at the immune issues bulletin board and/or http://www.repro-med.net Hope that's helpful. Lauren

milzie
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sam,
    I am in the same boat you are. I've done 4 IUI's (1 preg but misscarried very early) and i've done 4 IVF's...2 my own eggs and 2 with DE's..(they were different donors). My own embies weren't the greatest but they were graded good to fair. My DE's were graded excellent and still BFN every time. (i'm still in 2ww for FET but i've been cramping and have a feeling this didn't work either). My lining had to be at LEAST 8mm before they would think of transferrring. Usually i've been around 10mm or more. The RE has me on 4 vivelle patches every other day, PIO, prometrium, lovenox..you name it i seem to be on it. I asked him about the immune testing because i seem to think i fit the profile. He told me being on aspirin and the lovenox shots take care of any of the immune issues. He said he'd test me if i wanted it done but i told him if FET doesn't work then i'll have it done. I honestly think its something in my blood..but what it is i don't know. It seems i start out great in the cycle and then i hit day 5 (that doesn't include transfer day) and end up with bad cramps, headache and i know then it doesn't work. Before then it seem to work. I'll have light cramps but i think its trying to implant..I don't know what to think. I was DX'd with unexplained which is the worst DX. I'd rather KNOW what the problem in (eg: blocked tubes etc)

I don't know if it helps you at all or not..If you find out anything let me know. If FET doesn't work i don't know what i'm doing. RE thinks i should try again but i don't know. I'm torn at this point. One part of me says go for it..other part says enough is enough. I've never felt this way before so i think my body is getting tired and telling me its time to quit. Been doing this too long. We'll see. ANyways your not alone going through so many cycles and BFN...Good luck to you in whatever you do decide to do...Mary

SCR
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sam,

We were on the August transfer pals board together.

I too have had repeated failures despite good embies (blasts in my case) and am currently doing PGD. The embies may look good even with a chromosome defect.

What has your Re suggested to do next?

Best of luck with your next attempt!

Sharron
    TTC for 3 yrs, Me (37), DH (39), Me Hostile CM 1st IUI - failed, 2nd IUI - success, M/C - 8
    weeks (Unknown) Boy; 3rd, 4th, 5th
    IUI - failed; 1st IVF - 3/04 - failed. 2nd IVF/ISCI - 7/04 - failed. 1st FET - failed; 2nd FET - success!!!!

Babyluck
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sharron,

I'm currently having another go at FET so I am (expecting failure) just thinking ahead so at this point my RE hasn't suggested anything. I actually think it may be my lining that is at fault and was just trying to see if there could be anything else that could be causing problems before I declare myself "infertile".

What is PGD?

Good luck.

Sam

SCR
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sam,

PGD is pre genetic testing which test for abnormal chromosomes which prevent implant or cause m/c.

I have just had my results.. out of the 10 perfect looking embies
    2x dropped off
    1x had chromosome 13 which causes m/c at 12 weeks
    2 x chromosome 18 implant but m/c 7 weeks
    1x chromosome 22 cause still birth. We have one normal (well it was inconclusive but made it to 5 day blast) so we implanted it this morning.

The other 3 were normal but didn't make it to blast.

There is a whole section on PGD on the ivfconnections forum if you want to look into it.
    http://www.ivfconnections.net/board/...splay.php?f=64

Where are you with your FET? I wish you lots of luck! I will look out for you!

Sharron
    TTC for 3 yrs, Me (37), DH (39), Me Hostile CM 1st IUI - failed, 2nd IUI - success, M/C - 8
    IUI - failed; 1st IVF - 3/04 - failed. 2nd IVF/ISCI - 7/04 - failed. 1st FET - failed; 2nd FET - success!!!!

Babyluck
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharron,

That is just amazing that they can find out all that information about your embies. How do you feel about it? I would imagine if I were in your shoes I would feel rather relieved to have discovered that your embies did have those chromosomes and therefore save you the pain later but also rather scared about the whole thing. I am from the UK and am not sure if they do PGD here - I had never really heard of it at least.

Good luck with your one embie and thanks for all the information. I go for transfer on Friday, not even sure yet whether it is going to be a 3dt or blast (started progesterone pecessaries yesterday so can't work it out) but I have got disheartened about the whole process that I can't even motivate myself to phone and discuss it! Bad attitude I know.

Good luck.

Sam

SCR
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sam,

I know how you feel (unmotivated).

Yes it gives me some answers, even though it's not what I was hoping for. It is a pity I had to go through 11 transfers before finding this out, would have saved a lot of hurt.

I will be looking out for you, it's hard to keep track of some 'old cycle buddies' but it's nice. Best of luck Friday!

Sharron

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast