FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Stage 1 Endometriosis

Lalita
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Stage 1 Endometriosis

Hi! This is my first time using a fertility forum so I'm hoping I can find some answers to what I'm going through. I was diagnosed with Stage 1 endometriosis with laparoscopy 4 months ago. The only reason I had the surgery was because I had been trying to conceive for a year. I have no symptoms at all.
    I was wondering if there is hope. I've never had a BFP and I'm beginning to believe is just not possible. But at the same time is frustrating because my tubes are open and my uterus is fine as well.
    Would love to hear other people stories.

2. Advertisement

Lissymissy11
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Hi there! I have stage 3 endo and conceived naturally 8 months after having laparoscopy done. However, for our second child (currently 8 weeks pregnant) we did have to use IVF after trying for a little over a year and a half.

Cooperkitty
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the cruellest things is that a great treatment for endo is pregnancy but getting pregnant can be so hard with endo (talking from experience, it took us 4 years to get pregnant). As soon as I was pregnant the endo pain eased and disappeared other than pulling pains from my frozen pelvis. I breastfed and had no periods until 10 months after giving birth which coincided with us weaning off breast milk then straight into horrendous periods and endo pain unfortunately. The pregnancy and post pregnancy hormones help it to lie dormant but do not make it disappear.
    Hope you fall pregnant soon and your endo pain eases x