FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Kaitlynn's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having hysteropingogram done

Has anyone? Will this help us to get pregnant again?

2. Advertisement

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hello,
    A HSG (hysterosalpingogram) can on occasion up the odds of conception by clearing out your fallopian tubes. This benefit only last for a cycle or two. The main purpose of the test is to check for blockages and abnormalities of the fallopian tubes.
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

Kaitlynn's Mom
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

hysteriopingogram

Good Morning,
    thank you for replying to my question. I was wondering if you knew what might be causing a blockage? I have had two epic topic pregnancy's and one lucky daughter to be born. it has always taken us years to get pregnant, while we are both so very young. My doctor thinks I might have endometriosis, i have had x-rays done and ultrasound done and nothing shows up so this is what she said i might have. the weeks before and during my period are so ruff and painful for me. We have been asking and waiting for infertility test to be done, and she said this is the first step to seeing what the problem might be. While I had both my epic topic my other doctor said my tubes were really narrow and funny.... what does that mean???
    I hate the feeling that i might not be able to give my husband anymore children.

Kaitlynn's MOM

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    I'm sorry for your losses...

It is possible that you do have endometriosis. Pain prior to and during your period is one of the main indicators of endo. Both endo and adhesions (scar tissue caused by endo) can cause blockage of the fallopian tubes. The HSG will show if the tubes are blocked or not, but it will not show what exactly is causing the blockage. The only way to diagnose if you have endometriosis is to have surgery, a simple procedure called laparoscopy.

Also either one of your ectopic pregnancys could have also damaged your tubes further causing blockage...

I hope that the HSG procedures is able to give you some answers...and again I want to stress that it does slightly up the odds of conception that cycle so make sure you try to concieve after the test!!!
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5