FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Herbsie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Question CT Scan to detect endo

Have any of you heard of a CT Scan being able to detect endo?

I've had strange abdominal pains for a while now which defer to lower back. The gynae I saw said there are no obvious signs of endo (strange I know, since you can't detect endo via u/s or examination. I'm going for a CT-Scan to determine the reason for the pain, and I was wondering if it'll pick up endo and adhesions.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

2. Advertisement

Injuredlily
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could give you a more definate answer but from my understanding the only way to truely determine if you have endo is through a lap.

Angela

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    As far as I know of, I don't think a CT scan can see endo or adhesions.......
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

lausanne
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Herbsie,

it depends, I think. My Endo was detectable by gynecological exam very early on (later confirmed by laparoscopy). I later developed bad endometrial cysts which were visible by ultrasound (did your doctor do an US?), but I too was sent for a CT which showed exactly how big they were (huge in fact). I had two operations to remove them and the endo is definitely much better, even if there is still some of it left (where they could not operate).

I hope that they will find the reasons for your pain and I hope it is not too serious and it will go!! All the best!

Herbsie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your responses. I've aready had 12 laps for endo, so I'm pretty knowledgeable on that score. I just started to wonder if the pain was maybe caused by endo again, althoug my last lap showed very little to no endo. I'm not keen on another lap, but if that's what it takes, what choice do I have?

I went for my CT this morning. It wasn't pleasant but at least it's over with now. I should get the results by tomorrow latest. I hope it's nothing too serious.