FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine

Pain lower right pelvic area down front of hip?

Has anyone had pain that extends down the lower right pelvic area down the front of the hip into the thigh? I've been expreiencing right side pain for some time, especially when I'm constipated or bladder is full (sorry...gross I know!). If I had an ovary, I would swear it was a cyst, but since I don't I'm guessing it's adhesion pain. Anyhoo.....lately this pain has extended down the front of my hip into my thigh, especially when I sit in certain positions, and it makes walking very uncomfortable until it *loosens up*. Anyone else have this type of pain? It's a deep burning type of pain.

Also has anyone done *pain management* for endo/adhesions? My doctor says no more laps....so that would be my next step.
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

2. Advertisement

aromore
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Pelvic pain

Hi there

I'm not sure if our situation is similar but just want to share that with you.
    Last year, I have a sharp pain on my lower updominal on and off. I didn't take it seriously, until I got some fever and my PCP ask me to take some blood test to make sure there is no internal inflammation. Apparently, I got some pelvic infection and hyperstimulation because of clomid. Do you get any fever at all? By all mean, keep ask your dr to do more test and don't take no as an answer if your condition is not improving.

elle2006
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelli,
    I have pain that seems similar to what you are describing. It's actually on my left side, but it is low and I've been describing it to people just as you have - as burning. When it gets bad, it radiates down my left leg. I have an endometrioma on my left ovary, so I am just assuming that is what is causing the pain. I also have adhesions, so I guess it could be that as well. It is also worse when I am constipated. I've started taking fiber supplements to avoid constipation, which seems to be helping. Fortunately, the pain subsides if I take a couple of tylenol.
    Hope this helps some.
    Elle

Adrienne
    has status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Have you tried having your iliopsoas muscle released. I have a PT friend that does that for me when I get pain like that deep in my right side. I "hurts so good" to have it released. I know I have a bunch of adhesions in that area and it is no fun!

I hope you can get some relief.

Adrienne

beautiful boy

bettyboop22
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    HI Shelli...

You know...that's pretty ironic cause' I have pretty much the same exact pain right now....(and that's after starting lupron...errrrrrrrrrrrr). The pain is right where my right ovary would be....then it's like it pulls or burns over to my right hip and then into my back (On the right) and down the front of my leg....it's awful! I've been exercising a lot lately and I don't know if I'm stretching or disrupting adhesions or what? I've been taking a Vicodin at night when it's really bad....but I've also been doing lots of heating pads and hot baths...that seems to ease it a little. By the time I get home from work....I'm almost in tears. My guess would be adhesions...but with this endo stuff...who knows?? I hope things get better for you...I"ll be thinking of you lots.

Hugs,
    Olivia

elle2006
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah - heating pads and baths work as well. I find it is the worst at night so I got myself one of those pillows that you can heat in the microwave - that way I can go to sleep with it. It's got some sort of beads in it and smells like lavender and camomile. It's been great.

Jillian
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah. I used to have it all the time. I couldn't walk without feeling it pulling. I figured it was adhesions, as I also had similar pains across my back and around my ovaries. I was lucky-I was able to go to CLear Passages in Gainsville FL and get treatment. That was 4 mopnths ago and it is 100% better. They break up adhesions through manual therapy and myofascial massage. I had also been told no more laps from my dr and was desperate. Insurance did pay 80% and it was well worth the 20% out of pocket!!
    Hope you find relief......
    Jillian
    Mom to my two sets of miracles!
    4/11/02
    4/11/02
    01/04/08
    01/04/08

brytestar
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi jullian i have been having the same pain the past few days. the pain is in my lower right side where the overy would be and it always also goes down the leg a few inches, it is a constant thing that does not go away.my periods are regular and i do not have any issues as far as down there i just had my pap 3 weeks ago and they said it was all nornal so i am at a loss for what it could be. i do not run or do alot of activity. i hope some one reding can help. have you had any help so far?

BC-Shelli
    lives in lala land
    BC: Endo, PG Loss & Gyn Procedures
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine
    Hi...
    I did have another lap since I started this thread. No adhesions were found. Oddly enough several months down the road we did discover I had gallbladder disease, once the gallbladder was removed most of the right side pain disappeared for me.

My first thought for most people though would be the pain would be caused by adhesions....
    Shelli~ TTC #2 for 10 years until my body gave out...
    Dx: Chronic Endo/Adenomyosis.....Hysterectomy/LSO 3/9/02......Lap/RSO 12/9/04
    Mom to my *One-derful* Lindsay 11/9/90 and Michaela...Heaven Born at 8 weeks pregnancy 4/25/94

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb" Jeremiah 1:5

TigerGirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, this is the so-called non-endo girl again. I have right side hip? pain that runs down my leg a couple of days before AF. I have just noticed the pattern recently. I figured something? is pressing on my sciatic nerve. I've got plenty of adhesions too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast