FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Where can I donate embryos?

embryo donor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Where can I donate embryos?

Hello, my husband and I have two frozen embryos to donate, PGD-tested, but so far I can only find places that seem very Christian or that allow only completely blind donations (you don't even know if there was a live birth). I'm not comfortable with those two options -- we are equal opportunity donors and we would love to have some level of communication with the adopting family, or at least the option at some point. Does anyone have suggestions? I also do not have hours to devote to this project! We are in the NYC area if that matters.

2. Advertisement

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi embryo donor -

I found this article about embryo donation: https://www.fertilityauthority.com/f...mbryo-donation

It lists several organizations that sound like they may be what you are looking for for your embryos. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Kelley

embryo donor
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Those are all the Christian ones I mentioned -- it is hard to find real honest and clearly labeled information on this topic!

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I had no idea those were all Christian related! Now I'm intrigued as well. Hopefully others will respond who have better luck at finding non-religion affiliated programs.

jlsmit20
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Following along as I'm interested to see if someone has information as to where they have donated etc.
    Me: 25 PCOS
    DH: 25 Low morphology

2014 Failed cycles; 6 Clomid, 2 IUI's, 1 Femara
    06/15 IVF#1: 15R, 14M, 14F, 7 frozen
    Transferred 2 (4AA blasts)
    9dp5dt beta 41, 102
    TWINS!!!
    6w3d U/S only one sac
    7w4d Diagnosed as blighted ovum
    (07/21/15) 7w4d Induced M/C
    09/15 FET #1 BFP 8dp6dt 116
    Archer Lee born at 37.4 via C section

Surprise 02/12/17!
    Due 10/17- Boy; Oliver

BC-tammylj
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are FB groups. I've seen open matches happen there.

Just search embryo donation and you will find them. There are also secret groups that you can be added to once you join the closed group. There are some for donors only as well.
    Tammy: 43
    DH: 46

06/10-IVF#1 3x3dt, 1 frostie BFP
    01/12-10/12: 2 FETs-Cx, IVF#2-(1) 1PN arrested Cx
    01/13-FET#3 1x6dt Boy M/C

Donor Embryo
    1st match: 12/14-FET#4 2x6dt BFN
    2nd match: 06/15-FET#5 Cx, 07/15-Salpingectomy (hydros), 08/15-FET#6 1x6dt Girl BFN, 09/15-FET#7 2x6dt Girls BFN, 10/15-FET#8 1x6dt Boy M/C
    3rd match: 05/16-FET#9 2x6dt Chem
    Double Donor: ~03/17-FET#10 2x5dt BF?

SC-Kelley M.
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you asked your clinic if they know of an organization? I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering, if your clinic is LGBTQ, single parent, unmarried couple family friendly, maybe they would know of an organization that is as well.

BC-tammylj
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at a computer now, so figured I would give a bit more info. I'm a recipient and have been around the embryo donation community over 2 years. Unfortunately, there really aren't many places that are not faith based. Some clinics have embryo donation programs, but most are anonymous.

Here is one of the FB groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EmbryoAdoption/

Once you are a member you can ask about another group. It is a secret group and the name is something like EDA Women's only support group or something like that. EDA is Embryo Donation/Adoption. There are other groups as well, as I mentioned before, that are for donors only. Just a place for you to talk to other donors without recipients being able to see your conversations.

I've seen many matches from these groups. Some are semi-open or open. Some only have contact with the donor family through email and social media and some actually meet in person.

As a recipient, I want to thank you for looking into donating your embryos. I know of many that would never have had the chance for a family without the gift of embryo donation. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.
    Tammy: 43
    DH: 46

06/10-IVF#1 3x3dt, 1 frostie BFP
    01/12-10/12: 2 FETs-Cx, IVF#2-(1) 1PN arrested Cx
    01/13-FET#3 1x6dt Boy M/C

Donor Embryo
    1st match: 12/14-FET#4 2x6dt BFN
    2nd match: 06/15-FET#5 Cx, 07/15-Salpingectomy (hydros), 08/15-FET#6 1x6dt Girl BFN, 09/15-FET#7 2x6dt Girls BFN, 10/15-FET#8 1x6dt Boy M/C
    3rd match: 05/16-FET#9 2x6dt Chem
    Double Donor: ~03/17-FET#10 2x5dt BF?
    Thanks SC-Kelley M., has thanked for this post
    Likes SC-Impatient_in_VA liked this post

silverbrumby
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I sent you a private message and would love to be considered as a possible recipient. I also help run a facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/embryodonationsupport/

Quote Originally Posted by embryo donor View Post
    Hello, my husband and I have two frozen embryos to donate, PGD-tested, but so far I can only find places that seem very Christian or that allow only completely blind donations (you don't even know if there was a live birth). I'm not comfortable with those two options -- we are equal opportunity donors and we would love to have some level of communication with the adopting family, or at least the option at some point. Does anyone have suggestions? I also do not have hours to devote to this project! We are in the NYC area if that matters.

purjo
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there ED i have sent you PM Pjo
    Me 43 Hubby 47
    PCO, Endo, to many OHS with every cycle
    16 cycle own eggs 3 BioPg 2 different egg donor1BioPg
    searching for Donor Embryos