FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Michael' Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Period after ectopic

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I thought I started my period after my ectopic surgery yesterday. My surgery was December 29 so I was glad af was here. For some reason I spotted red and today it seems like it stopped. I am just upset because I was happy my body was getting back to normal and know I am just not sure. Has anyone had this happen?

2. Advertisement

TTCyears
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    My 1st cycle was normal, but the cycles after that were wonky: I started spotting two to five days prior to AF. It did not correct itself prior to me moving on to more treatment. I found that after ea pg loss I had some change of cycle (light flows, shorter flows, heavier flows, spotting...).

Michael' Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for responding. I figured the first few cycles will be crazy. My af is still here it is just very light and I was expecting it to be heavy and painful. I guess I just have to be patient. I really want to start trying again and the doc said to wait 2 cycles and this is my first so I am just impatient. Thanks again

mary00
    Unsure

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Michael mommy: After ttc #1 for 1 yr I finally got my bfp although it ended as an ectopic. I had a lap done because I had to remove some endo (so bad it was everywhere, even in my bowels!!) my lap was nov 8th and I bled and spotted randomly but got my first real period around dec 4th. It was so heavy and lasted longer than usual. Hope this helps if you haven't gotten it already.

Michael' Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for getting back to me. I did get Af and she is here strong. I don't even care that I am crampy, I am just glad my body is getting back to normal. I guess my next question is, how long did you two wait til you started trying again? My doc tells us we should wait two cycles but I don't want to wait. I did not have my tube removed and the pregnancy was outside my tube. What do you think?

mary00
    Unsure

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed
    My first cycle After lap dr told me to try naturally (December) and I did my first Iui (really my 5th) after lap and today I got the call it's negative devastating bc I thought now that my endo is cleaned up after ectopic I'd be good to go. I have heard some ppl taking breaks and others starting right away. I would give ur body a month to heal personally. Now that we r higher risk for another ectopic I would want everything running perfectly inside after surgery, just my opinion tho.

Michael' Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry about your test. I know it is so frustrating and it is hard to stay positive but try and hold on to hope. Our time will come. I just ordered, Small Sparks of Life, on my kindle and it has really helped. I really recommend it. Thank you for you advice and I think we will wait one more cycle to make sure my body is ready. Sending baby dust your way

TTCyears
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy
    BTW - Thanks for the book tip!
    Sharon 42, DH 45

TTC#1
    2003 NTNP BFNs
    2004-2009 (5w5d to 11w4d; cp to ep)
    2010-2011 Foster
    2010 IVF-ICSI-PGS (May), FET#1-eSET (Dec), DD (b Aug 2011)

TTC#2
    2012 NTNP BFNs
    2013 FET#2-eSET (Mar), DS (b Nov 2013)

TTC-FET#3?

mary00
    Unsure

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Michael mommy: thanks soon much for the book tip! I'm going out to buy it today. Good luck and hope to see us both with bfp's soon!

DrDOLY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which "book tip" all speak about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast