FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with Abdominal Ectopic??

I've read pleanty on tubal ectopics; however was trying to see if anyone has ever had an abdominal ectopic? I had both tubes removed in February this year due to one damaged (spilling fluid) and the other so dialated that my RE feared ectopic. Well, just had my FET cycle and my first BFP. When we couldn't find the sac and my HCG #'s were low but climbing, all were worried. My doctor was convinced ectopic since there was nothing in my uterus (at HCG level of over 3,800) but we finally found the sac outside my uterus between it and my right ovary.

I'm trying to learn more about this situation but can't seem to find much information about abdominals. Anyone with more information or suggestions?
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs
    IVF #1 - BFN; FET #1 - BFP (abd. ectopic/loss);
    IVF #2 - BFN; IVF #3 - Summer 2010
    Mom to the World's 2 Coolest Mutts

Zachary Nicholas (11/04/08)

2. Advertisement

sudha_99
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CalleyD,
    In Jan, I had surgery done to remove an ectopic pregnancy which was found attached to my left ovary. Initially when I had gone to doctor they suspected it to be in the tube however during laparoscopic surgery it was found to be attached to my ovary. A part of my ovary was also removed during the surgery. However I am pregnant again and the strange part is I ovulated from my left again.

Guess miracles happen.

Be positive and the difficult phase will pass. Wish you all the luck.

Rgds,
    Sudha

bellastar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    calleyd - i am so sorry you are going through this. I don't have any personal experiences with it, but saw a story on it I think on tlc or the discovery channel. she was pregnant with twins and then in the high 20 something week they found a third fetus attached to her bladder. it is on quite often..i will try to see if it is re-running soon. and let you know.

please keep us updated on how you are doing...

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks sweetie - I do hope you are doing well. I didn't realize you had changed your name. I hope that everything is okay after your surgery...

Ironically, before I started my 2nd cycle (this FET), I saw the same program and remember thinking to myself - wow, that would really suck. I could never imagine something like that happening to me - what are the odds of that!

I also read a story that a lady in Australia just delivered an abdominal baby - healthy. DH and I didn't want to take that chance since the mortality rate of the moms are pretty high for these instances. That and at only 7 weeks the bean was already causing such pain. Not a risk we were willing to take so I have been on the meth shots. I really wish we could do surgery and get it done with. I have been in such pain over the last few weeks plus the constant tiredness and nausea from the meds. I go in for my 3rd beta tomorrow. Praying for low #'s - how's that for a change?
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs

bellastar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    I think you are doing the right thing. The mortality rate is very high and the odds don't make it worth it. The media just puts the good outcomes in the news. I hope the pain subsides soon...

Memmo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ruptured Ectopic

Hello Ladies I had an etopic in Dec that ruptured while waiting in the ER had emergency surgery lost my right tube since DEC I have had all my good folicle on the left you,d think that was good right well for me nope all IUI failed last MP I had the good ones on the right side and DR cancelled IUI said save the expenice it is not likely to happen and sure enough it did I am so scared it is in the wrong place now I am pregnant , my first beta aug 18 was 36 the aug 20 was 98 now i will go again mon morning whats the chances it went fertilized in the left came back and went to the uterus. Im so scared. any imput would be comforting......
    Thanks
    Memmo
    Denise EDD 01/28/10
    Age 40
    3 Boys ages 18 yrs
    15 yrs and 2 yrs old now 3 boys MY THREE SONS, Maybe this will be my little girl......
    Did IUI 6 months straight used puregon injections , Ruptured ectopic skipped IUI this time eggs were on the right dr said no chance and now we have a positive ..........we did it natural....
    Memmo

CalleyD
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    memmo ~ I wish I had an answer for you - I don't know anything about ectopics except what I am personally going through which is a little different than you. I do hope you find your answer and I surely hope that everything works out well for you! Please let me know how tomorrow goes for you!
    Me (36) DH (38)
    Still ttc #1 - 9 yrs

sahmama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everybody,

I am new to this thread...

I had an ectopic in March/April of this last year (after a miscarriage in Dec.). Took several weeks to definitively dx since it was in tube behind my ovary... took meth, one week later beta rose and took 2nd beta... 5 days later my beta was dropping so I thought I was finally starting to get through it. That night had the worst pain of my life and went to ER... I never ruptured, but had started bleeding out into my abdomen so had emergency surgery. They were able to save the ovary.

Since then, I couldn't seem to ovulate again with only Clomid so went the Follistam/IUI route and just found out a few days ago I was pregnant! Very happy, but also petrified that it may be ectopic again since I ovulated on the same side that I had the ectopic...

So stressful, but just praying that it is okay!!

Good luck to all of you!

momready
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CalleyD,

I did experienced the same recently. my last ivf was ectopic and both the tubes were removed. Had fresh cycle in july my hcg levels were low but increasing. 1st beta 7/24 -38; 2nd beta 7/26 -53.6; 3rd beta 7/29 - 67.6; 4th beta 8/1 - 200.6. Dr. suspected an ectopic. my 5th beta was scheduled on 8/7/2013. From 8/6 midnight onwards i was getting mild ache on right abdomen early in the morning it was severe. In U/s they are not sure did laparoscopy and found out the pregnancy was in right abdomen, removed and shot of methotrexerate. Went to beta test yesterday 8/11 levels dropped to 116. Again going for another beta tomorrow.

Can you please tell me what was your next steps after you had abdomen pregnancy. Have you found the cause of abdomen pregnancy? Did you continue IVF? After how many months break? Your response is most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Can you please
    Me: 31
    DH: 34
    Right fallopian tube blocked
    5 failed IUI's
    IVF 1 - Jun 2012; BFN
    FET - Sept 2012 ; BFN
    IVF 2- Nov 2012; BFN
    FET - Feb 2013 ; BFP but Chemical B1- 30.5; B2-10
    IVF 3 - Mar 2013; BFP Beta 1 - 276 ; Beta 2 - 896 ectopic tubes were removed.
    Fresh IVF 4 - Started Jun 2013
    Chemical Beta 1- 38; after 48 hrs Beta 2 - 53.6; after 72 hrs Beta 3 - 67.3 Considered Chemical

BC-foxinabox
    is setting up a surrogacy. No more FET for me.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sad
    Hi momready-
    This is a pretty old thread so I'm not sure you'll get a response from the original poster. You may want to consider starting a new thread for this question.
    With that said I will say that although I've never experienced an abdominal ectopic, I have had a non-tubal ectopic. Mine couldn't be found on ultrasound and required a lap to find. It was inside the uterine wall. My betas were much much higher than yours and I was successfully treated with many doses of methotrexate. Hopefully your beta will continue to fall. You would be able to TTC again with fresh eggs about 3 months after your last MTX shot. Assuming your doctor gives the OK. Your doc may want to do some imaging first to see if there is some anatomical anomaly that caused this that needs to be corrected or if it was just a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by momready View Post
    Hi CalleyD,

I did experienced the same recently. my last ivf was ectopic and both the tubes were removed. Had fresh cycle in july my hcg levels were low but increasing. 1st beta 7/24 -38; 2nd beta 7/26 -53.6; 3rd beta 7/29 - 67.6; 4th beta 8/1 - 200.6. Dr. suspected an ectopic. my 5th beta was scheduled on 8/7/2013. From 8/6 midnight onwards i was getting mild ache on right abdomen early in the morning it was severe. In U/s they are not sure did laparoscopy and found out the pregnancy was in right abdomen, removed and shot of methotrexerate. Went to beta test yesterday 8/11 levels dropped to 116. Again going for another beta tomorrow.

Can you please tell me what was your next steps after you had abdomen pregnancy. Have you found the cause of abdomen pregnancy? Did you continue IVF? After how many months break? Your response is most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Can you please
    Dx: POF/Adenomyosis/Endometriosis
    2009: FSH: 16, AMH: 0.1
    2010: Inj + TI -> converted to IVF = BFP ->Myometrial ectopic = 10 days in hospital + 5 months & 7 MTX -> No TTC for 1 yr
    2011: AMH: now 0.9 FET -> BFP -> Tubal ectopic -> MTX -> surgery, tube removed
    2012: AMH now 0.34, HSG shows scary uterus
    2013: One last FET? Nope. Hysterectomy and endo excision.
    2014: Surrogacy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast