FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

pinkysandy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Recovery time & precautions after Ectopic Pregnancy

My wife had her 1st Ectopic surgery 3 weeks back and her left Fallopian tube was removed with Laproscopy surgery. Doctor had told that she can move freely including climbing stairs after 7-10 days of surgery but my wife has been complaining of severe lower back pain and pain in the Pelvic region while urinating. Is this normal? Did anyone else go through the same things after Ectopic? Is there any special care that she needs to take to avoid any future complications.

FYI, our first son was born through normal delivery.

2. Advertisement

SABN0121
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Ectopic pregnacy recovery

I Have Experienced An Ectopic Pregnancy One Week Ago Today. I Also Have The Same Symptoms Pain In The Pelvic Area When Using The Restroom. I Have No Idea And Would Also Like And Answer. I Am Also Experiencing A Headache For The Last 2 Days.

bsherry
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi , i suffered an eptopic in december and had to have my one tube removed through laproscopy ...am planning a trip for work and need to know how soon after surgery i can fly ? also has anyone had any sucess getting pregnant with only one tube ? This would have been my first pregnancy i am 28 established in my career and looking forward to kids ...please i need to know ?

LMKH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really odd because supposedly, my left tube is bad. But the cycle I got pregnant, I ovulated on my left side. The RE said that eggs from one side can still travel to the other side to end up in pregnancy.

LMKH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkysandy
    My wife had her 1st Ectopic surgery 3 weeks back and her left Fallopian tube was removed with Laproscopy surgery. Doctor had told that she can move freely including climbing stairs after 7-10 days of surgery but my wife has been complaining of severe lower back pain and pain in the Pelvic region while urinating. Is this normal? Did anyone else go through the same things after Ectopic? Is there any special care that she needs to take to avoid any future complications.

This sounds like a UTI. She should see a doctor for this.

carly2788
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkysandy View Post

carly2788
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there me an my partner have just expierenced our first ectopic pregnancy a week ago,i lost my right tube and was my first pregnancy,i had the same problem after,but was just an infection from being poked and proded about so much in surgery,but cleared up with antibiotics and anti-inflamitries.

carly2788
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    how long did it take your wife to get over,its only been a week for me,and im finding it hard to cope!

liljap03
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an ectopic surgery one week ago yesterday. I have been having a little bit of pain in the pelvic area. Don't hurt when i use the restroom, but i got pain pills and that's all i can have when i'm in pain. I noticed something too, that for the past 5 days my head has been hurting like really bad. I never suffered from any headaches, but after the surgery this has been my worst nightmare.

LiLjessgurl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have experience an ectopic pregnancy as well had surgery but no tube had to be removed. I did experience a lot of back pains as well as pelvic its about to be a month and those symptoms have gone away i still at time experience some pelvic pain when i do certain movements. But if i am not mistaken the Dr should of giving her some type of pain killers i was giving Vicodin which made my pain go away real quick. I will reccomend seeing your dr again and telling her that the pain is still persistent maybe she can administer some pain killers or maybe do further testing to see if there is anything else that might be causing this pain. Hope your wife gets well....My wishes go out to her