FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

momo5
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

when do you start having painwith an ectopic

For those of you've had an ectopic. When did you start having symptoms. i am about 4.5 weeks with slowly doubling betas and right sided sharp pains but several people have said it is too early for me to have pain from an ectopic. just curious- momo

2. Advertisement

teachergirl
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I had pretty early pain with my ectopic. I bet I was about 4.5 weeks, in fact. I had a positive EPT and went to the OB to confirm I was really pg. While talking to the nurse, I told her I was having some dull pain on my right side, which she dismissed as ligament stretching pain. It came and went until I had severe bloating and pain at 6 weeks and was diagnosed. I also started spotting at about 5 weeks.

Good luck,

Brenda

katiecaskey
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I have had two ectopics along with both tubes removed due to ectopic. It was pretty early on but I would say 5w along but not real bad till about 6w and they still could not diagnose 100% for a little while. See while the embryo is small, our fallopian tubes are much smaller than what most think and the ectopic will cause lots of pain. I hope that is not what you have.
    Katie (27) Tyler (29) married 4.5 ys
    IVF#1 BFP May 2006 1st time mommy to-
    Carson born January 10, 2007 FIGHT LEUKEMIA
    IVF#2 TWIN BOYS!! Feb 15. 2010
    Simeon and Kadyn 34 weekers 5lb9ounces 18"

coffee cat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had spotting before I even knew I was pg which continued for 4+ days. Then nothing, no spotting no pain until 6 weeks when I had more spotting and then "pressure". No other way to describe it...I had pressure but on no particular side. At 7w6d I had very uncomfortable pain (all over) which increased to severe and excruciating pain on the right side as the tube itself ruptured.

I hope you are not dealing with an ectopic.
    3 IVFs, 1 FET, and an in 2004
    mama of two miraculous and amazingly loud little boys

jools
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy
    With my ectopic, I never had any pain ever. I had no idea I was even pregnant as I had what I thought was a period. I then started to get alot of weird spotting which I had checked out and found out was pregnant and then that it was an ectopic.

It really does vary.

With this pain, I had one sided pain, but ob/gyn said it was likely the corpus luteum. I hope that is what your pain it too.

Jools

Dee74
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sorry if I am late here...but....with my ectopic, I started with some slight pain and spotting at 4 weeks, right after getting my BFP. My betas were slowly rising. The pain never went away completely, and I went in at 5 1/2 weeks for an u/sound, where they saw nothing. At 6w5d I was already scheduled for another u/sound, but began having severe pain and bleeding earlier in the day...the rest is history. I do not think it would be too early to tell.....

I hope this is not your issue. Good Luck!!
    Danielle (32), DH (32)
    DS - 9.25.03
    TTC #2 since 10.2004
    -Several IUI w/injectible cyles = All BFN
    -1 Ectopic = Emergency surgery to remove right tube 5.12.06
    -IVF #1 End Result = Priceless!! Evan Michael Arrived 12/5/07!!

mrsbadger
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Momo5:

Hope that things are going well with your pregnancy and you willnot experience this:

With my recent heterotopic pregnancy, the hcg double just like a normal PG.
    At 5th week, I had mild spotting and bleeding similar to a m/c; at 6w1d we saw the 1st embryos in the uterus but the ectopic did not show up in the u/s; then bleeding got worst with larger clots during 6th week; at 6w5d, we saw the ectopic embryos with H/B but not much cramping or pain.

I only felt the pain in the stomach when drink/swallow (worst than ulcer), bloating, then muscle pain after the rupture.

Hang in there.

CourtneyH
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    With my ectopic the bleeding started at 4 weeks but they didn't register that it was ectopic until 5 weeks 5 days. My tube ruptured that night and I ended up at the hospital the next day for emergency surgery. They took my entire left tube and clamped it at the uterus to prevent future ectopics on that side.
    Courtney & Ryan began ttc late 1999 w/ Endo and PCOS (5 m/c)
    IVF # 1 June 03 BFP Kian David William born Feb 24, 2004
    Natural Dec 06 BFP Niamh Ailey born Sept 4, 2007
    FET # 1 May 06 BFN
    FET # 2 Aug 06 BFN
    IVF # 2 Oct 06 BFP but ectopic

lambchops
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had pain at around 5.5 weeks. Basically it was when the rupture happened. Prior to that I had weird swelling/bloating that appeared only on the right side.
    --Shelly (31), DH (32)

Mommy to Zachary Nathan (5/6/6), Only Child...HELP!

Sevencagedtigers.com - Blog
    Flickr - Photographs
    Epinions - Product Reviews

Mommy2Rae
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I acutally never felt much pain I just started bleeding and thought I was miscarrying and they finally found my baby in my tube I was sooo sad and scared.