FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Is there a limit to what your local postman will pick up?

I'm feeling a little sorry for my postman today! I have quite a few packages outside for him to pick up. Our mailman has to walk so I know he's going to have to juggle these around. So, is there a weight limit on packages they pick up, too? I have a 5 pound box but I'm not sure if I should leave that for him, too???

2. Advertisement

Kylie
    cool
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I would never leave a pile of packages for my mailman to pick up . I limit my pickups to one package or maybe two big tyvek envelopes. If I had a lot of stuff to mail at once I'd be making a trip to the post office. I am sitting here picturing your mailman walking away from your house laden with packages and trying to juggle them! I don't think he's gonna like you much! Unless you always give him a nice tip at Christmas!

Athena
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy
    LOL - Kylie! I met my postman at the door and he said he'll pick them up on his way back. (His mail bag will be empty then - smart man!)

He didn't seem bothered at all. I have only started leaving stuff for the mailman in the past week. I never trusted it before. But, our mailman is usually here promptly at 11:00 am, so I don't have to leave them out for hours and hours.

Mish
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kylie,
    You never cease to CRACK ME UP!!
    Mommy to two wonderful little girls:
    Reese 7 & Rylie 5
    Happily married to my Irish Firefighter
    Life is FAB!!!

Sherri
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mine can take as many as he can pile in his Blazer.I think I've put out around 20 at one time before.I do put everything in a big box to make it easier for him.If my carrier was on foot though,I wouldn't have him pick up too much-only what he could put in his mail bag.

Man,am I ever glad mine drives a Blazer!
    Z=15
    G=13
    R=9
    E=6

www.SweetieDumplings.etsy.com

HUGE summer clearance!

tracyred
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's what I found on usps.com: "There are no limitations on the number of pieces that may be picked up. High volume requests may require alternative pickup arrangements."

I had my carrier (who has a driving route) pick up a 35-pound package at Christmastime and regularly leave several packages at a time. I always request a carrier pickup online so my carrier knows what to expect.

If USPS didn't offer home pickup, I'd be sending via UPS or another parcel-delivery service that does. I'd much rather the postal carrier juggle a few packages than me juggle a few packages PLUS three kids across the ice-coated parking lot that leads into my post office.

My carrier may not like me much, but she does get a nice tip at Christmastime.
    tracyred (a.k.a. "the tundra beast")

Princess Purr
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I drop off anything over a pound at the post office. My mail once asked my husband what we do because we always was so much out going mail LOL

Val (32) & Carlos (30)

Veronica Rosina Nov 25th - 27th 2004 Born (c-section) at 26.5 weeks because of severe Preeclampsia.

Kylie
    cool
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Just a tip, in case I'm the only ding dong that didn't know this . On the back side of those regular postal drop boxes (the ones in parking lots and outside the post offices) there is a larger slot that fairly large envelopes can fit into. So if you have a thick envelope that wouldn't fit in the regular front letter slot you can put them in through the back side. I will run up to the corner at nite and drop things in one of those boxes if I have a few things to mail instead of making my carrier pick them up. We also have that new 24 hour kiosk thingy at our post office. That has a really big drop slot. Most small boxes will fit in it. I would feel really bad if I loaded my carrier up, he does a walking route. He does go right to his truck for another load after our house but I still wouldn't feel right adding to his load . But that's just me! I think it's nice that Tracy does the online request so they know to expect her packages.

Elizabeth
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My postal carrier is a total b*itch, I would never leave ANYTHING for her to pick up. I'm afraid it wouldn't make it. I have a covered area over my front door and there have been several days where she has left packages at the base of my mail box! I called and complained, the post master was NOT happy with her for doing that. I figure I'm on her crap list and don't really trust her. I LOVE buying things from the LA board and eBay because I know she'll have to walk it to my door!
    Elizabeth,
    Maddy 6 years old
    & Alex - 3 years old

Design your own handbag!!

3boys2luv
    is melting!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    I think my mailman is related to Elizabeth's maillady! Only he won't even walk boxes to the door. And yes, I've complained repeatedly after finding boxes in the rain, mud, snow. They don't care.
    Raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast