FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Reproductive biology associates III

Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163563613653654655656657658659660661662663
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 6630
    oneforlis
    is happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi Poca! If my memory serves me well haha, I do think there has been someone who has done non medicated but it could be going back a few years. You might try doing a search for rba non medicated or similar and see if something pops up here or on google. I believe the guarantee is not offered with the non medicated cycle because its more unpredictable. With the meds, they have better control of lining, hormones and timing of the cycle then you would non medicated. Hope you are doing well.
    Me: 48, single

IUI's #1 - #6 BFN
    IVF #1 and 2 BFN
    Break 8/2010 to 8/2011
    IVF 3, RBA 8/2011 BFP DS born 2012
    FET RBA 3/31, BFP
    Beta 1: 4/11:182,4/14 Beta 2: 528,4/20 Beta 3:6646
    Its a GIRL!
    DD born 11/30. Little bit early but healthy!

2. Advertisement

Poca
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt make sense to me that you don't get the high quality egg guarantee because the medications that the recipient takes or doesnt take has no effect on the quality of the eggs. But they said they would replace the lot if nothing fertilizes and they do have the best success rates so you can't argue with that.
    Likes oneforlis liked this post

chabang
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, Can anyone tell me the current screening requirements for a FET with RBA? Someone else had kindly provided a list from a few years ago but I'm wondering if they changed. I wanted to get as much done as possible before my consult. I called RBA and asked them for the list after I registered as a new patient and made my appointment but they refused to give it to me. If I want it before meeting with the doctor, I have to pay 150$ to meet with a nurse to go over my records (although this is deducted from the doctor consult fee).
    I'd rather just get the list since this seems like a waste of time to me. I did IVF 3 years ago and she said some of my testing may not need to be repeated and that's why it was important to meet with a nurse to go over my records. Uhh right....can someone tell me if there is anything on that requirements list that doesn't have to be repeated if more than a year old? I don't think so. Just hoping there might be a recent patient out there. Thanks!

oneforlis
    is happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hi Chabang

I did a FET back in 2015 and have a copy of my form on my computer so I just did a copy and paste from the checklist I had. You will need to have some of the tests redone as the results can change from your prior screening, sonohystogram, Mammogram, A1C, HIV etc. If I recall, those they will accept if they had been done in 12 months prior. I had been 4 years for me since having my son and I had to repeat quite a few of them.

This was the list I gave to my pcp that I needed to have done. Note that some were applicable only to me because I was over 40 but should give you an idea of the requirements.

Hope it helps
    -------------------------
    Pre-Cycle Screening Requirements for Embryo Thaw Cycles

Name: ____________________ MD:______________ Date:_________

Height ______ Weight________ BMI:________

Screening & Bloodwork by PCP:
    _______HIV I&II ______Blood Type/RH ____Lipid Panel _____CMP
    _________Hepatitis B Surface Antigen _____Rubella Titre ______CBC
    _________Hepatitis B Core AB IgM _______Varicella Titre _____HgbA1C
    _________Hep C Antibody _____RPR _______Fasting Glucose
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ TSH (update yearly, but if on meds TSH needs to be updated every 3 months)
    _______ Thyroid Function Tests (TSH, T3, T4)

____ EKG ____PAP Smear _____ Urinalysis

Uterine Evaluation:

___________ Sonohysterogram (SHG) cycle day 6-11, check uterine lining

General Health Screening Checklist:

___________INTERNAL FAMILY MEDICINE EVALUATION (Screening and Labwork, EKG, Pap)

___________MAMMOGRAM (> 40 years old)

NOTE: all of the above must be completed prior to a visit with the perinatologist!

___________PERINATOLOGIST CLEARANCE (45 years old)

___________ THAW CONSENT

IUI's #1 - #6 BFN
    IVF #1 and 2 BFN
    Break 8/2010 to 8/2011
    FET RBA 3/31, BFP
    Its a GIRL!

chabang
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much! That's very helpful.

ivfquestions
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all—I’m in the midst of an RBA cycle from frozen donor eggs. We had 12 eggs to begin with. Nine fertilized. On Monday, we transferred one very high quality expanded blastocyst (AA grade, I think). The lab froze two more early blastocysts that day and kept six under observation for possible day-six freezing. But by day six, all of the remaining six had stopped developing, so they discarded all of them. I’m glad that the embryo that they transferred was very good quality and that there were two blasts to freeze on day five, but it doesn’t seem great that all six remaining embryos stopped developing. Is that a bad sign for my chances for success with the embryo that they transferred?

I'm now at 3dp5dt and feeling zero symptoms. Nothing. I took an HPT and it was of course negative.

The donor is 23 years old and was unproven, and she was from an affiliate clinic. I took a chance on her—we even bought two lots of eggs!—because the folks at MEB said she looked remarkably similar to me, but now I am kicking myself. We just barely met the guarantee, and now I feel like we've wasted our hard-earned money.

chabang
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't feel any symptoms at all either after my transfer (which was successful). I don't think I felt any different until morning sickness began around 7 weeks.
    Thanks ivfquestions thanked for this post

ivfquestions
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! That makes me feel better.

oneforlis
    is happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    I only had one left over from my first transfer as well that was frozen on day 6. I now have a 6 year old from my first transfer and a 17 month old from that 6 day slow poke they froze. I did not feel a single thing either until about 7 weeks. I had spotting off and on with both as well. With my second, I was really sick one day after transfer with cough and fever and was sure I fried it due to being sick. This process plays with our minds so much. Stay hopeful!

IUI's #1 - #6 BFN
    IVF #1 and 2 BFN
    Break 8/2010 to 8/2011
    FET RBA 3/31, BFP
    Its a GIRL!

ivfquestions
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    That gives me hope! Thanks so much, everyone, for your hopeful stories.

Page 663 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163563613653654655656657658659660661662663