FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

KATELYN 01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

How many donor eggs to transfer

Hello Everyone!!!
    Just wanted your opinion on how many donor eggs to transfer? The numbers I am reading are 1 and 2. Personally I think 2 but I am
    hearing different stories. I appreciate your feedback with this. Thanks for your help and support!!!

Katelyn

2. Advertisement

Saders
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed
    We transfered 2 good looking 5 day blasts and gave birth to a healthy singleton! We are doing a FET right now hoping for baby #2 and are planning on putting 2 back again. Best of luck!

Sadie
    Me: 29 DH: 31
    6 m/c
    DE IVF 08 - success
    FET - 3/11 - In the 2ww

CrystalAZ
    has a status! Booyah!
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    We transferred 3 3-day embies each time. On our successful cycle, we conceived twins (but then lost one in the first trimester).

I think it depends on your age and your history. I'd go with what your RE recommends, since he/she is familiar with your situation.

Crystal

jennlee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always had 2 put back. First fresh cycle, 2 transfered back, 1 implanted- miscarriage at 7 weeks, second fresh cycle 2 5 day blast put back, BFN, First FET- 2 put back,, 1 implanted-chemical pregnancy....getting ready to try second FET, will either put back two or three this time- I would put back two. But that's just me!

vacationqueen
    is finished ttc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    In Love
    I would also take into consideration how you'd feel if both blasts implanted. Your RE will obviously give you an idea of what is best for you but I would personally recommend thinking about how you'd feel finding out you were carrying twins. I have factors that make it too dangerous to carry multiples; therefore, I can only have 1 transferred due to the high probability of twins. To be completely honest, though, I would probably still only have 1 transferred if I didn't have the restriction b/c dh and I will consider our family complete w/1 child. If you don't have any health restrictions and you're okay w/the possibility of having twins, then I'd say to go w/your gut. I wish you the best of luck in your decision b/c I know it's not an easy one to make. I lucked out in a way b/c the decision was made for me.

jennlee
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vacationqueen is right- it really depends on your feelings about twins. If you know you are not in a situation that twins would be ok then you might want to consider only transferring one great embie! Either way- good luck!

KATELYN 01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for all your comments. You have helped a great deal.
    Good Luck to all of you!!

Katelyn