FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Supplements When To Start

Lilacs
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Supplements When To Start

Hi everyone,

I'm 36 and have DOR. I've have successfully conceived with IVF nearly 5 years ago. I tried again in 2015 and had 2 cancelled cycles due to no response. Then I was put on micronized DHEA for 3 months by a different RE and after 3 months, went in for u/s and labs and results were showing no response. So everything pretty much came to a halt. I was told that it is not worth moving forward to a 3rd IVF cycle if there is no response after 3 months of DHEA and that donor eggs was my best bet at this point.

Since then, I took a break. I also ended up relocating to a new state recently. I am planning to try IVF once more - in the fall or winter. I want to take some of the supplements like royal jelly, coq10, etc. for several months and go for acupuncture and fertility massage before going forward with the IVF. I want to do everything possible before this IVF try.

I have a minor surgical procedure (not fertility related) in Sept. With this in mind, should I start my supplements now (it's Aug) or should I start after my surgery?

I'm not currently taking prenatals or DHA -- I am planning to start this week. I was stilling taking them after I stopped IVF. Just stopped these past several months with the cross country move and stuff. If I'm not currently undergoing fertility treatments for IVF, should go back on the prenatals and DHA or go back on them when it's closer to fall when I plan to try in winter? Should I just take a multi-vitamin and EPA in the meantime? I was thinking about doing a fertility cleanse maybe in a couple of weeks. But with the surgery sept I'm going to be on antibiotics I should do that after? Ugh...so overwhelming.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please share your experiences.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lilacs; 08-15-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Me - 37 - DOR
    DH - 38 - No Issues

Ectopic - August 2009
    IUI #1 - March 2011 - BFN
    IVF #1 - July 2011 - BFP! It's a girl!
    IVF #2 - January 2015 - Cancelled
    IVF #3 - March 2015 - Cancelled

2. Advertisement

SC-PCAKathy
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lilacs,

Have you discussed this with your Reproductive Endocrinologist?

The Fertile Thoughts Team wishes you all the baby dust!

Lilacs
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-PCAKathy View Post
    Hi Lilacs,

Have you discussed this with your Reproductive Endocrinologist?

The Fertile Thoughts Team wishes you all the baby dust!
    Hi there,

Thanks for your response. No....have not spoken to my RE yet. In a new city and new state. Will need to search for one soon.

Me - 37 - DOR
    DH - 38 - No Issues

Ectopic - August 2009
    IUI #1 - March 2011 - BFN
    IVF #1 - July 2011 - BFP! It's a girl!
    IVF #2 - January 2015 - Cancelled
    IVF #3 - March 2015 - Cancelled

SC-PCAKathy
    has no status.
    Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilacs View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks for your response. No....have not spoken to my RE yet. In a new city and new state. Will need to search for one soon.
    What city and state are you currently in? Do you have any insurance? The Fertile Thoughts Team is happy to set you up with a consultation at a clinic in our network.

paleo-mama
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilacs View Post
    I am planning to try IVF once more - in the fall or winter. I want to take some of the supplements like royal jelly, coq10, etc. for several months and go for acupuncture and fertility massage before going forward with the IVF. I want to do everything possible before this IVF try.
    While there's nothing wrong with the royal jelly, do not forget what are the most important supplements when it comes to fertility: folic, vitamin D, DHEA, CoQ10 and omega 3. You may also want to try this Five simple lifestyle interventions which will protect your fertility and egg health | Paleo-Mama: All About Egg Health