FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
January/February Cycle Group

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263
    Hopingforlilone
    is waiting patiently :-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali90 View Post
    Thanks for the advice hflo , it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who's going thru this . It's just that infertility can be so straining on a marriage , it tests every level of it , and since I'm the one with all the problems , it just makes me feel hopeless . I have never gotten to the point where I wanted too give up before , and that scares me . How do you keep on trying ? Where do U find that inner strength too keep moving forward , these are the questions that are running thru my head like crazy . I can't help but feel defeated , and that I'm one of those woman who will never succeed at ivf . I think I just need a few days too think about things . I do know one thing ... you kept on trying , you never gave up , and here you are , you defeated infertility , and maybe that's all I need too keep on moving forward January/February Cycle Group
    I remember the scary times when I was feeling hopeless and wanting to give up. The only reason that I didn't give up was because I knew that I wasn't happy with the alternative. I want a THB more than anything in the entire world. I'm not all the way to that goal, I'm definitely still nervous and scared, but these forums helped me maintain my drive and determination. Reading about others achieving their goal made me believe it could happen to me too. I hope you and DH can find your way back to being each other's comfort and that you can find the strength to carry on in your journey. ((Hugs))
    IVF #1-3: July '12 Cx, Oct '12 & Aug '13 BFN
    FET #1-2: Nov '13 June '14 Cancelled
    FET #3: Jan 2015 BFN
    Changed RE, banking for PGS
    IVF #4 & 5: Nov '15 & Jan '16: 1 blast - abnormal
    IVF #6: Mar '16: 10 R 9 M 5 F - 3 to blast - 2 PGS NORMAL!!
    Mock cycles for ERA May & July '16 - receptive after 7 days of PIO
    FET #4/#5: Sep '16 Nov '16 both cancelled
    FET #6: 1 euploid embryo Feb 7, 2017
    Likes Ali90, Tulip1834 liked this post

2. Advertisement

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Hflo, you are a great person....you give me strength, thankyou...
    Thanks Hopingforlilone thanked for this post
    Likes Ali90, Hopingforlilone liked this post

Ali90
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks hflo January/February Cycle Group you cheered me up a lot. Of course I don't want too give up , I hope one day I can be that motivation for someone else . Af is gonna arrive tomorrow, and I figured what the heck I'll go see my re on friday( day3) he can do an ultrasound , check my ovaries are quiet , and I'll start the dreaded patches again . Matter of fact hflo --- should I be on patches for the era testing since I was on patches for both failed transfers??? - I know there's an alternative such as the estrogen shot twice a week , and honestly I'm loving that idea , I guess I'll have too ask my re . The problem I have now is my boss said today no one is allowed vacation or dr appointments during working hours until October January/February Cycle Group . I work mon- Friday 6am -2pm and re is 1 hour away . This has got me a little afraid in asking for time off for a couple of appointments . Actually I won't need days off for a transfer so I'll hardly miss any work . But still my boss is a piece of artwork . I also have my parents arriving here from Australia in June , and this is their first visit here too the US . I want time off for that too January/February Cycle Group I haven't seen them in 5 years January/February Cycle Group my brother is coming and my sister is flying from London too be here also . This will be the first time , since we've all been together, since I ran off and married my husband here and never moved back , I'm looking forward too having some emotional support from my mum , and also she can see what I go thru . Does anyone else struggle with difficult bosses and ivf appointments? Well I just wanted too let ya guys know , that I'm gonna keep on trying ... and praying ... praying the era testing provides me some long awaited answers !
    Ali90 🇦🇺
    Thanks Sunshine82 thanked for this post

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    Ali, you can't get fired if you get a note from dr..I know it's kinda like being a kid , but it's the law...I'm so glad your family is coming..I'm know sometimes you feel so alone..please know we're always here for you, and you know I am..I will say a prayer for you...I want you to know this new re put me on estrogen pills and nasty crm so there are alternative, but my insurance will not pay for crm and until I figured out there was compound formula. It was 460.00 a tube x 2 tubes a month...I almost died...so there are other ways to get estrogen..
    Likes maybebaby01, Nureen liked this post

BC-Tryn depriest
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful

Hopingforlilone
    is waiting patiently :-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hopeful
    BC-Tryn and Ali, you both brought tears to my eyes, such nice messages from you both!
    Ali: I've done patches previously and I didn't like them. My current RE did delestrogen injections twice a week for FET and then closer to transfer started oral estrace. The estrace switched to vaginal after transfer and I'm still taking it twice a day. So there are different options, and hopefully you can ask RE to choose the method you prefer. The important thing for ERA cycle is that you want to follow the exact same medication protocol as you will for the real transfer. I'm not sure if this only means the progesterone or if it's estrogen too. My RE kept both of them the same as the mock/ERA cycle. I hope you're able to manage your days off. And if not, hopefully you can take medical leave with a doctors note. My previous employer was really strict about taking time off for appointments and in hindsight I should have taken medical leave because it added so much unnecessary stress. Thankfully my current boss is very understanding even without knowing the reason why I needed time off.
    IVF #1-3: July '12 Cx, Oct '12 & Aug '13 BFN
    FET #1-2: Nov '13 June '14 Cancelled
    FET #3: Jan 2015 BFN
    Changed RE, banking for PGS
    IVF #4 & 5: Nov '15 & Jan '16: 1 blast - abnormal
    IVF #6: Mar '16: 10 R 9 M 5 F - 3 to blast - 2 PGS NORMAL!!
    Mock cycles for ERA May & July '16 - receptive after 7 days of PIO
    FET #4/#5: Sep '16 Nov '16 both cancelled
    FET #6: 1 euploid embryo Feb 7, 2017

jlsmit20
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ali: There are definitely other Estrogen options. My RE believes in both oral and vaginal estrace together and just increases the number/times of day if levels are low/high. In my opinion it beating having to add another shot to my already lumpy spots from previous shots. Plus in my case it doesn't seem like some of those lumps ever go away because here I am almost a year from my last transfer and progesterone shots and still have the same lumps on my back side.
    Me: 25 PCOS
    DH: 25 Low morphology

2014 Failed cycles; 6 Clomid, 2 IUI's, 1 Femara
    06/15 IVF#1: 15R, 14M, 14F, 7 frozen
    Transferred 2 (4AA blasts)
    9dp5dt beta 41, 102
    TWINS!!!
    6w3d U/S only one sac
    7w4d Diagnosed as blighted ovum
    (07/21/15) 7w4d Medically Induced M/C
    09/15 FET #1 BFP 8dp6dt 116
    Archer Lee born at 37.4 via C section