FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 508 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast
    Sarah1124
    has her hands full!?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick

Jan 2010 Cycle

Hi Ladies,

Anyone else cycling in January? We just had our first failed IVF. We had a very slow response, and ended up with 5 embies, 2 were transfered on Day 3, and the other 3 wouldn't have made freeze even if we had the money to cover the cost!

So this cycle we are hoping for a lot more eggs. We are doing a Lupron Stop Protocol without Birth Control. The doctor thinks I was oversuppressed last cycle, which was why it took my body almost 3 weeks of stimming to get enough eggs. We will use OPKs in Dec and then start Lupron. We should start stims around the 12th of Jan, so ER/ET should be at the end of Jan.

Hope to meet some fellow cyclers!!

2. Advertisement

Sarah O
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

pg mentioned...

Hi Sarah- I am another Sarah! LOL!!! My stim/ER dates will be almost exactly the same as yours! This will be our second IVF. Our first was in April 2007. I did 7 rounds of IUI (4 with Clomid/3 with injectibles prior to that). The IVF In 2007 was successful- our little boy will be 2 in January. I can't believe I am going through all of this again. It is really scary and surreal for me. I've tried a total of 4 years though on my own, so I know this is the only way to get a BFP.

It sounds like your doctor has a good plan for you.

Sarah1124
    has her hands full!?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick
    Welcome Sarah! Glad to see there's at least one other person waiting until the new year! I'm really hopeful this cycle works. Hopefully others will join as as they start figuring out their protocols! I was half tempted to call my nurse yesterday and start a month early...but I know waiting is the best right now!

Let the countdown begin!

libran68
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired
    Hi Sarahs,

I'm trying to fit in my 3rd and final IVF this month before the lab closes in Dec. for the holidays so waiting for an LH surge. My doctor and embryologist both recommend we try an FET in January (probably towards the end of the month). We've never had the optimal situation to transfer our embryos so this will be our first but final shot. Wishing you ladies the best and so glad you started a Jan. 2010 group: Here's to hoping the new year will bring us a BFP!

CeeCeeEmma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jan 2010 cycle

Hi Sarahs and Libran - I am new to the site and just went through a failed IVF cycle. Our negative pregancy test was Wednesday. I was just so sure we were pregnant! What a heartbreak, I had no idea how disappointed both me and my husband would be. I was in a meeting at work when I got the call and had to fight through the day. My husband and I cried all night long (mostly it was me crying, but he was devastated too). I am an emotional wreck right now. My post IVF period just started today. Although my next appt with our Dr isn't until Dec 1, our plan is to do a Jan 2010 cycle. I would love to have cycle buddies. Although this is my first post, I visited this site a lot during my cycle and it was really helpful to read posts from women going through what I am going through. Good luck and best wishes for a blessed 2010 to all of us!

doreydo
    is thinking of you!
    Post Thanks / Like

January 2010 1st IVF cycle

I will also be cycling in January. I wanted to start in December, but my clinic also closes for 2 weeks around christmas. I just got AF yesterday, so tomorrow I have to go get bloodwork and schedule my sonohystogram and mock transfer. Then we have to schedule our injection class. I'm not sure if we will start suppression drugs in December or in January. Hopefully, I can start sooner than later as I am going to turn 38 in January and have never been pregnant. I'd love to be pregnant for my 38th!!!

IAlwaysShine
    Sad to the point of being numb

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! My name is Meme and I am brand new to Fertile Thoughts and IVF. We are going for our 1st IVF cycle in Jan and I am so nervous!!! My tummy is in knots already! I was watching a show called Baby lab on Discovery Health and it goes thru the IVF process with several couples and I thought watching that would kinda help me out and show me what to expect, but it was just the opposite effect. I am scared out of my mind! I just want it to be over. I pray that 2010 brings a baby blessing for all of us!!

CeeCeeEmma
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good luck Doreydo and I Always Shine on your first (and God willing last!) cycle. I was incredibly intimidated by the whole process at first. Needles! Mixing! Oh my! But it wasn't as difficult as I feared. It was definitely uncomfortable (bloating etc) and little bumps along the way, and new things to learn about (and worry about) - but I promise you, you can do it. One thing - the whole process was a little more emotional than I expected (I consider myself a pretty rational person ((usually))). So be prepared for that, to the extent you can.

IAlwaysShine
    Sad to the point of being numb

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks CeeCeeEmma! Im pretty good with needles but Im already an emotional wreck so I better start getting it together before i completely fall apart! GL to you too!!!

Sarah1124
    has her hands full!?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick
    Welcome to everyone!!

Meme...the whole thing is scary as all...but hopefully well worth it! I hate needles, even though I've been through a cycle already. I still can't get past them!! My husband does all the shots, and I just lay there and let him do his thing! I won't say I'm used to it, but it definately isn't as scary as the first night. It took us an hour to just mix the meds properly (we actually got in a fight over it!)

Lib...I'll be praying for you in December...have you surged yet?

CeeCee...I too was devistated with our first BFN. I thought for sure it worked. I just cried, even though I didn't think I would. Then my husband and I went to get coffee and started rationalizing (IVF is a mind f*^$)

Doreydo...It seems most places shut down their labs at Christmas. Gotta give them credit though for being open every other day of the year! I hope you get your BFP for a bday present!

AFM...well I just finished my Nov cycle, so waiting for Dec to come. Once she shows her ugly head, our cycle officially begins. My nurse will order meds, and I'll start OPKs around day 10. Once we surge, we'll start Lupron and wait for January to come! I just pray it doesn't take 3 weeks to stim again. Menopur stings like a MOFO and I hate it (although I don't mind what it does for me!) Keep smiling ladies!!

Page 1 of 508 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast