FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

  • Patient Care Advocates

    Meet FertilityAuthority's Patient Care Advocates! We encourage you to connect directly with us to help answer any questions you may have, or ask that help you book an appointment at a fertility clinic near you with a preferred appointment time. Our email addresses are below, or call us at 855-491-2833. The call is free, we've been through treatment, and we want to help.
    Name: Jay
    FertileThoughts Username: JayAtFertilityAuthority
    E-mail: jay@fertilityauthority.com
    Where you Live: New York City
    Your Age: 39 Years Old
    Diagnosis or TTC History: Unexplained (which is super annoying)
    Anything else you'd like to add: After 3 years of trying, 3 different doctors and 3 IVF's, I have a son. Even though they never could identify exactly what my issues is, they suspect it has to do with egg quality given my poor fertility reports.
    Forum I Frequent: Aunts and Uncles Support Forum
    Name: Kim
    FertileThoughts Username: KimAtFertilityAuthority
    E-mail: kim@fertilityauthority.com
    Where you Live: New Jersey
    Your Age: 30 Years Old
    Diagnosis or TTC History: PCOS and 2% sperm morphology
    Anything else you'd like to add: Boy-girl twins conceived via IVF with ICSI in April 2010. My daughter is what I like to call a "threenager" with big time attitude and independence. My son is the most loving soul you will meet. I love coffee, sitting by a fire, and reading Better Homes and Gardens.
    Forum I Frequent: PCOS and Male Factor
    Name: Julie
    FertileThoughts Username: JulieAtFertilityAuthority
    E-mail: julie@fertilityauthority.com
    Where you Live: New York City
    Your Age: 23 Years Old
    Diagnosis or TTC History: Actively learning about my own reproductive system thanks largely in part to my lovely co-workers here at Fertility Authority
    Anything else you'd like to add: Mac and cheese eating, optimistic, empathetic, lover of all things vintage
    Forum I Frequent: Questions for the Patient Care Advocates
    Name: Bhavi
    FertileThoughts Username: BhaviAtFertilityAuthority
    E-mail: bhavi@fertilityauthority.com
    Where you Live:New Jersey (Don't hold that against me)
    Your Age: 31 Years Old
    Diagnosis or TTC History: I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16 years old, after having irregular periods and constantly gaining weight. My mother always thought I was pregnant! I have been going through hormone balancing treatment with my Endocrinologist since then. I started working at a fertility clinic at the age of 18 and because of my experience there, I was able to educate myself on the symptoms and treatments of infertility. Dealing with patients and seeing their journey with treatment, battling family pressure, and managing the financial aspects of fertility treatment made it all very real for me. My husband and I started seeking herbal fertility treatment with timed intercourse. We conceived our son after 9 months of trying.
    Anything else you'd like to add: I absolutely love my 4 year old who is wise beyond his years. I have an addiction to movies. There is nothing better than spending time with family and friends.
    Forum I Frequent: Questions for the Patient Care Advocates
    Comments 13 Comments
    1. DnA1027's Avatar
      DnA1027 -
      Good morning!

      Do we have someone at Washington Fertility Clinic that would be able to give me some insight on the clinic? We have one shot possibly to try DE IVF - as much as I would love to do traditional IVF, our insurance doesn't cover anything so it would be a huge financial hit if we have to do it more than once.. and unfortunately, DE would probably give us the best odds.

      I have a consultation on 1/24 with Dr. Sarajari.

      Thank you!

      Alisa
    1. octobernyc's Avatar
      octobernyc -
      Hello. What is the best way to source CURRENT feedback on NYC clinics? Particularly for donor egg IVF. I cycled twice with IUI and IVF at RMA NY (1 chemical and 1 m/c at 7 weeks). I am age 43 and believe that DE may be our best shot (we only have 1 shot left in us financially). I am considering New Hope and Sher in NYC.
      Thank you.
      KC
    1. NoBaby's Avatar
      NoBaby -
      Hello. I am really trying to find affordable options for IVF and I have been looking at clinics in Mexico. I am not having much luck finding any recent information from people who have been treated there and I was wondering if someone might have thoughts or ideas. Also, any information on affordable options in the US would be great as well. If I do it at one of the clinics in Denver it will likely cost me $22,000 and that is a lot of money for me and my spouse. Thanks!
    1. yellowglass's Avatar
      yellowglass -
      I am 37 and have two daughetrs 13 &9 yrs conceived naturally while not on aspirin.Since we wanted wanted a boy to complete our family ,PGD with IVF was only solution.We did IVF twice but embryo failed to implant. One of my friend took baby aspirin and is pregnant so without doing any coagulation or any other tests i started to take baby aspirin two months ago. We did IVF and i am 6week pregnant now.

      I have spotting and bleeding thrice in past 15 days ,but ultrasound is good with fetal heartbeat 129 yestreday.Small subgestational collection was noted .this bleeding is scaring me to death.
      Is aspirin the culprit especially when i started it without doing any tests confirming the need? Can i stop it now or i have to do some ciagulation related tests b4 stopping?twice failed implantation without aspirin and and pregnant while on aspirin makes me think aspirin is santa to me BUT bleeding assures me that aspirin is thinning my blood and making any spotting heavier.

      Cant decide esp. when baby is laughing healthy inside. What to do
    1. HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
      HelpAtFertilityAuthority -
      Hi Alisa,

      We would be happy to provide clinic information for fertility clinics in the Washington area. Please give us a call at 1-855-955-BABY (2229) or email carecoordinator@fertilityauthority.com

      Best,
      Kim

      Quote Originally Posted by DnA1027 View Post
      Good morning!

      Do we have someone at Washington Fertility Clinic that would be able to give me some insight on the clinic? We have one shot possibly to try DE IVF - as much as I would love to do traditional IVF, our insurance doesn't cover anything so it would be a huge financial hit if we have to do it more than once.. and unfortunately, DE would probably give us the best odds.

      I have a consultation on 1/24 with Dr. Sarajari.

      Thank you!

      Alisa
    1. HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
      HelpAtFertilityAuthority -
      Hi KC,

      You have the right idea to consult with New Hope or Sher. Give us a call if you'd like some feedback 1-855-955-BABY (2229) or email carecoordinator@fertilityauthority.com!

      Best,
      Kim

      Quote Originally Posted by octobernyc View Post
      Hello. What is the best way to source CURRENT feedback on NYC clinics? Particularly for donor egg IVF. I cycled twice with IUI and IVF at RMA NY (1 chemical and 1 m/c at 7 weeks). I am age 43 and believe that DE may be our best shot (we only have 1 shot left in us financially). I am considering New Hope and Sher in NYC.
      Thank you.
      KC
    1. HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
      HelpAtFertilityAuthority -
      Hi No Baby,

      Unfortunately, we do not work with clinics in Mexico, but there are some affordable options here in the US! In upstate New York at CNY Fertility or Midwest Fertility Center in Chicago, you can do an IVF cycle for less than $5,000. Give us a call if you'd like some more information 1-855-955-BABY (2229) or email carecoordinator@fertilityauthority.com!

      Quote Originally Posted by NoBaby View Post
      Hello. I am really trying to find affordable options for IVF and I have been looking at clinics in Mexico. I am not having much luck finding any recent information from people who have been treated there and I was wondering if someone might have thoughts or ideas. Also, any information on affordable options in the US would be great as well. If I do it at one of the clinics in Denver it will likely cost me $22,000 and that is a lot of money for me and my spouse. Thanks!
    1. HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
      HelpAtFertilityAuthority -
      Yellowglass, I am so sorry that you are dealing with this! How scary! Definitely ask your fertility doctor if aspirin is safe to take or discontinue.

      Best of luck!
      Kim

      Quote Originally Posted by yellowglass View Post
      I am 37 and have two daughetrs 13 &9 yrs conceived naturally while not on aspirin.Since we wanted wanted a boy to complete our family ,PGD with IVF was only solution.We did IVF twice but embryo failed to implant. One of my friend took baby aspirin and is pregnant so without doing any coagulation or any other tests i started to take baby aspirin two months ago. We did IVF and i am 6week pregnant now.

      I have spotting and bleeding thrice in past 15 days ,but ultrasound is good with fetal heartbeat 129 yestreday.Small subgestational collection was noted .this bleeding is scaring me to death.
      Is aspirin the culprit especially when i started it without doing any tests confirming the need? Can i stop it now or i have to do some ciagulation related tests b4 stopping?twice failed implantation without aspirin and and pregnant while on aspirin makes me think aspirin is santa to me BUT bleeding assures me that aspirin is thinning my blood and making any spotting heavier.

      Cant decide esp. when baby is laughing healthy inside. What to do
    1. Sierramorning's Avatar
      Sierramorning -
      Hi there- I am 24, healthy and fertile with one three year old son. My new partner is 45, has had a vasectomy for 12 years, and has also been taking moderately high doses of methadone regularly for pain management for over 15 years. We would like to some day have a baby together if at all possible, and he is willing to undergo the reversal of the vasectomy. I would like some opinions on the chances of us conceiving even if he does get the surgery, as I know methadone can reduce fertility greatly and the length between the vasectomy and reversal also plays a part. His ex wife conceived four children, part of the time he was on the methadone. He would like to someday stop taking it, but he has serious muscular and skeletal issues from accidents, so we will need to be in a place where we can afford alternative treatments, PT, and detox. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    1. ruffgirl's Avatar
      ruffgirl -
      Hi there, I'm looking for top clinics and doctors for IVF for poor responders/DOR. FSH is 11.8 and AMH .52. I've now had two cancelled cycles with my clinic and want to try with the best. Thank you!
    1. clarisah's Avatar
      clarisah -
      Hi there, i am 29 years and had my robotic myemectomy done to remove 7 big fibrods each 10cm, and the doctor said she left 3 tiny ones, and i was advised to take a zoladex injection for 3 months to shrink ...
    1. HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
      HelpAtFertilityAuthority -
      Hi Clarisah,

      Which doctor are you seeing? I think it sounds like a reasonable protocol. Are you concerned?

      Best,
      Kim
    1. HelpAtFertilityAuthority's Avatar
      HelpAtFertilityAuthority -
      Quote Originally Posted by ruffgirl View Post
      Hi there, I'm looking for top clinics and doctors for IVF for poor responders/DOR. FSH is 11.8 and AMH .52. I've now had two cancelled cycles with my clinic and want to try with the best. Thank you!
      Hi there,

      So sorry we missed your post. Which clinic are you working with currently? For DOR and wanting to use your own eggs, I would suggest Dominion Fertility in Arlington, VA and Bethesda, MD.
DISCLAIMER: Fertile Thoughts allows advertisers to publish information about their services. Fertile Thoughts does not provide medical advice or endorse any particular service or approach to treating infertility. We encourage people to learn as much as possible about the range of options available before committing to any one. We also encourage users to share their thoughts on all fertility options on our forums.

Forum Stats

  • Forum Members: 96,461
  • Total Threads: 370,882
  • Total Posts: 4,925,807
There are 1019 users currently browsing forums.

Advertisement

Visit Our Partner Sites: Fertility Treatments