FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    jillianttcw/ivf
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Aetna covers IVF

My husband is a manager at CVS/Pharmacy & our insurance covers IVF & since our prescription insurance is not with Aetna & is with Pharmacare all the meds are covered besides Menopur which I am buying from a UK pharmacy called IVFMEDS.com. Good luck to everyone!!!!!

2. Advertisement

Lovey1226
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. My Aetna program does NOT cover IVF, but will cover all meds.

jillianttcw/ivf
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on which plan you have because when I called the infertility hotline to get my authorization they said not all plans with Aetna are covered. But if you work for CVS it does.

adbwifey0804
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, what kind of coverage is it?? (how many ivf cycles or is there a lifetime max?)

Is this everywhere or only where you live?

ScrappyCat
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    i have Aetna and am covered also. All meds as well. It's a 25,000 lifetime limit. 6 IUI limit. IVF is covered, which we're currently cycling for.

We had united healthcare 2 years ago and they covered as well. We used them for IUI's when concieving dd. We switched with dh started having to pay for his own insurance, because aetna is cheaper...but it allowed us to start over as far as infertility is concerned!!
    Lisa

Visit our family: www.casadefoster.blogspot.com

Wyatt 6-9-08
    Tori 6-21-05
    Wesley 3-22-98

hope4ababy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    scrappycat: What sort of UHC plan did you have before? My dh has UHC through his work and IVF is not covered. The drugs are but the ER and ET and all that costs so much isn't. Did you just call up Aetna and sign up? I'm just wondering if me already going through one failed IVF would disqualify us.

I would like to keep dh's insurance and put me on a plan through another insurance that we pay out of pocket for and covers IVF. I'm sort of feeling overwhelmed about getting this accomplished.

ScrappyCat
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hope4ababy
    scrappycat: What sort of UHC plan did you have before? My dh has UHC through his work and IVF is not covered. The drugs are but the ER and ET and all that costs so much isn't. Did you just call up Aetna and sign up? I'm just wondering if me already going through one failed IVF would disqualify us.

I would like to keep dh's insurance and put me on a plan through another insurance that we pay out of pocket for and covers IVF. I'm sort of feeling overwhelmed about getting this accomplished.

I dont' remember what kind of UHC we had...I think it was a ppo, but dh thought it was a hmo...I'm leaning towards me being right though! My dh is a partner in an accounting firm, so we have to pay for our own insurance. We switched because Aetna was cheaper for us, but coverage was the same ( I could use same drs, etc.). I had 5 or 6 IUI's with UHC before we switched over. I don't think infertility is viewed as an existing condition such as cancer or something like that. I had to get "preapproved" by Aetna...meaning before I could *use* my IVF benefits, I had to *qualify* which was simply answering some questions via the phone, like has it been 2 or more years of trying to concieve and been unable to...that sort of thing...almost like making sure we're not taking the *easy* road by automatically doing IVF before trying to concieve I told them I had to use IUI to get pregnant with my dd. They are separate companies, so once I was approved, which was immediately on the phone, I could use my benefits...my previous coverage with UHC never came into play....Hope this helps.
    Lisa

Visit our family: www.casadefoster.blogspot.com

Wyatt 6-9-08
    Tori 6-21-05
    Wesley 3-22-98

hope4ababy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks scrappycat! I think I'll call Aetna and find out if they can pre-approve me to be on a plan with them. Then maybe between my dh's UHC and Aetna we can have more chances at IVF than originally planned.

heatherFL
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Jillian

Can you find out if the infertility is available at any CVS. I live in Florida. How long do you have to work to get coverage and how many hours do you have to work a week?

Thank you so much.

Seth's Mommy
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that the Aetna plan offered to DOD civilians does not cover any IF.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast