FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

jayb
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Government Agencies which offer insurance coverage for infertility ?

Does anyone know any government agencies which offer coverage, specifically in the state of Texas.

Thanks

2. Advertisement

QZ
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can speak to the federal agencies. (I work for one in Texas) They offer the same plans to all agencies. Some agencies may have an additional plan specific to them, but not many do.

The feds. offer several insurance plans, but none of them give major IF coverage as far as I can tell. Some of the HMOs cover 50% on IUIs. I am on Blue Cross Federal and it has covered my clomid, ultrasounds, diagnostics, but not the IUI procedure itself (or IVF if we should ever do that).

PandorasMagic
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have GHI, federal through the USPS and it covered 75% of my IVF treatment in NY.
    Likes SC-Medicmedic liked this post

mrsgiachetti
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My DH works for NY State. That state offers there own insurance through United Health called the "Empire Plan" They offer a $50,000 life time to each covered person.
    Likes SC-Medicmedic liked this post

eli
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    check with your VA Hospitals. It varies from area to area but most VA's have numerous health insurance plans for you to choose from. If you're lucky, at least one of those will cover some IVF benefits.
    Lynn

DD-9
    DS-7
    DS-born 4/25/10 (William Lukas)

pupandbon
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought that I would add that I work at a Workforce Center that most people think of as the the Texas Workforce Commission. We are actually private contracted and not state workers. Our insurance covers all infertility. We just did 2 IUIs in one cycle with injectibles and were only responsible for around $260, that was our copays for the 12 office visits. Our insurance is with Aetna but a lot of Aetna plans do not cover infertility, we are just blessed to have that additional coverage. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be more than glad to help...Rebecca