it's a no and now onto a new situation, hopefully this is the one!
by, 06-28-2007 at 09:46 AM (273 Views)
So, it took FOREVER for that bmom to get back in touch with the agency. She was in a drug treatment facility and had very limited phone use. So, we finally talked this Monday it was a definate no for me. She'd used the entire pregnancy up until the tx facility, she's out already and has 10 weeks until her due date which scares me. She sounded really out of it on the phone and hardly talked at all, when she did she talked about the financial assistance that the agency said we would help her with. She's asking for at least $500 per month July-Sept and the attorney fees were going to be $5-6500. Plus travel and stay for ICPC, we're looking at another $10,000 possibly and the other situations we've looked at have all been under 5k.
So, we called Angel and told them that we were going to pass, we just weren't comfortable at all. They actually had a situation to talk with me about. A little boy, he's mixed and seven months old. Grandma actually brought him home from the hospital and she's had him ever since. She looked on the adoptive families page on Angel's website and contacted them about us. We've been e-mailing for the last couple days and it sounds pretty promising. He's a doll and I can't wait to post a picture. I'll definately keep this updated...we've been e-mailing and she's supposed to call sometime soon. We may have a new baby sooner than we know it!