FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

2nd Beta didn't double...opinions

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on these boards for a while now and love to read all the posts. However, I really need some opinions on this second beta.

First beta 12dp3dt-109
    Second beta 14dp3dt-135

So my question- Is this a chemical or m/c for sure or is there any hope?
    DH and I have just jumped back in the IF game after 2 yrs off. We were literally shocked to have a BFP on the 1st cycle not to mention that we've never ever seen a BFP in 6yrs ttc. We just need to know. Third Beta set for 17dp3dt or Monday 5/7....UGH.
    Thanks for any and all thoughts on this,
    Heather

2. Advertisement

qgirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

don't give up!

My beta at around 11 dpo was 96 and then 3 days later it was only 103. I was devastated. Although my doctor was not optimistic, she repeated the test three more times and my beta doubled or more than doubled consistently. At last check it was 8183 at around 26 dpo. I am around 7 weeks pg -- something I thought I would not achieve a few weeks ago. Of course, there are no guarantees and I'm not out of the woods yet, but things are looking pretty hopeful. We've been able to see a gestational sac and yolk sac and go back on Thursday to hopefully see the heartbeat.

So, my advice to you is hang in there. I know it is excruciating to wait through "beta hell" as I like to call it. I will keep my fingers crossed for a nice high beta for you. It can happen!

Rachel

hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thoughts

It's nice to hear a positive story while in "beta hell". My DH is beside himself. All day he asks me if there are any changes. I've been feeling horrible about the whole thing but you did give us some hope. Tomorrow is the 3rd beta.

I am definitely wishing for another good outcome for your next u/s...if you can pull it off...so can I!!!

Thanks,
    Heather

hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Now 3rd. beta didn't double...UGH!

Just got the news from beta this a.m.

174 on 17dp3dt
    135 on 14dp3dt
    109 on 12dp3dt

It's not looking good but re wants me to come back again for bw on 19dp3dt. When I asked nurse if this looked like an ectopic she said sometimes but sometimes just an abnormal preg. or very rarely a normal pregnancy. Really, I still have no answers but now more depressed than ever.

qgirl
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heather:

I'm sorry you didn't get more reassuring news. But, looking on the positive side, your beta did rise. All you can do is just wait -- I know it is nerve-wracking! Another positive is that you got PREGNANT and you still are PREGNANT. If this pg doesn't work out, there is no reason to believe that it can't happen again. I know it is hard, but try to stay hopeful -- "cautiously optimistic" is what my doctor kept saying -- which is annoying, I know!

Take care and keep us posted.

Rachel

PinkGirl78
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Heather,
    I am sorry. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.

- Jen

hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Those along with a good cry and makes me feel a little better. I'm not feeling pregnant anymore. Boobs are hurting less and less and the slight twinge in my belly is gone. No cramping at all though. Realistically I am now hoping that my betas will drop to 0 when the time comes to end this and then I can jump right back in for IVF #2. Dragging out this funny pregnancy for months would be cruel. I'll let you all know how bw tomorrow goes.

Holding out hope for that small chance that this might turn into a viable.

-Heather

hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

More waiting

Hi Everyone,
    I just got done with our first u/s. It showed an embryo with an egg yolk. We are still only 5 wks and 4 days along. Didn't see the r.e. but the n.p. She said that there is nothing we can say from here except that we need to do another u/s next week. She was hopeful. BW results will be this afternoon.

Has anyone read or heard The Secret c.d.? I listened to it this weekend and it changed my attitude about IF. I've decided that this is GOING to work. Great way to get yourself out of the dumps.

235 on 19dp3dt
    174 on 17dp3dt
    135 on 14dp3dt
    109 on 12dp3dt

hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops!

Sorry, just wanted to clarify that we didn't see an embryo on u/s today just a gest. sac w/egg yolk.

hjfeather
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Still optimistic

Well, we still have hope. We had an u/s done by a Dr. today and we saw a heartbeat! He said 114 bpm is normal for 6w3d and re calculates 6w5d. I just started bawling and couldn't stop. Visited w/NP afterwards and she said one more good u/s by a Dr. next week and she'll release me to a regular OB! Me regular?

Leslie K., Jen and Rachel - Thank you so much for your kind thoughts throughout this beta hell. DH and I are feeling extremely blessed but still "cautiously optimistic".

More next week.
    Heather

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast