FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

mhw45
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Doubling/Tripling Time

Becca or anyone,
    Does the doubling time mean anything when it's twins? My numbers were tripling at a rate of 30 hours at first and then later it was a longer time frame but nothing like when I was having my son. I think it averaged at 54 hours when I was 6 weeks along. Would that mean twins, or does the doubling time not mean much? I always read people saying that the doubling time is what matters and not the numbers. But if it's a singleton then is there a concern when the numbers are so high?

My numbers are:
    13 dpo - 89
    17 dpo - 800
    28 dpo - 26,000

With my 1st pg my numbers were:
    22 dpo - 937
    28 dpo - 5,765

So on this pg my numbers have tripled throughout and are significantly higher by alot. I also am having a ton of morning sickness which I never had with my 1st pg.

Anyway, just wanted an opinion. And I wondered if the doubling/tripling time means anything, or if really high levels with a singleton means anything bad.

Thanks!
    Meg

2. Advertisement

Genevieve2003
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister always had very high levels with her pregnancies and she always had singletons. All of her children were healthy though. Your first two numbers don't seem that high but the third number does so I really don't know what to say. You really can't use beta numbers to predict the number of embryos though because they are so variable. When can you get an u/s? Maybe you can relay your concerns to your doctor so he/she will do an u/s soon. Please update when you can.
    Genevieve
    TTC#1
    IUI/clomid (50mg)-10-04-04

mhw45
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I had my ultrasound today - I am 6 weeks 5 days. We found one sac with the heartbeat and a baby tucked in the corner, and a 2nd sac that was a little smaller and nothing in it. So they are assuming vanishing twin syndrome. I have to go in one week for another u/s to see what is going on. They wonder if it really is vanishing twin when my levels always stayed very high and never slowed their tripling time. So we shall see next week. But they said the high levels will explain the 2nd sac and possible twin.