FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    trustinginHim
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

BBT How long does it take for your temp to go up after ovulation?

I've been charting for a few years now and know that my temps are low days 1-15 and almost always on day 16 my temp goes up.. today I read some info that our temp goes up a few days after ovulation. So my question is this? Does anyone know about how long it takes for your temp to go up after ovulation? Just wondering b/c it's not always easy to TTC every night around ovulation. I'm on CD 14, and expect my temp to go up CD 16. So if we had s*x on CD 12 and 14 should that cover the bases? or is it always essential to continue until your raise?

2. Advertisement

eaglet
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, my temp usually goes up the day after ovulation.

But remember, you take your temp in the morning, and the day you see the rise could be affected by the time of day that you O'd - that is, say you O'd overnight, the morning temp might not show it yet. So, for example, you could O on day 14 at night, and your day 15 temp could still be low, with a rise on day 16. Or, you could be O-ing at noon on day 15, with a rise on day 16. I don't think there is a way to be absolutely certain about the time of O, unless one has had a trigger shot.

So, if I were you, I'd have BMS on day 14 and also on day 15, just to be sure, LOL. Good luck!
    -eaglet

DKNY
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    the temp rise occurs the day after O. although your temp could continue to do a gradual climb for a few days proceeding O, once there's a rise of 2/10ths of a degree (followed by comprable or higher temps) than O has occured the day before. but as eaglet has mentioned, you can't pinpoint the actual hour of O. it could've been the morning before (sometime after you'd taken your temp,) the afternoon, evening or middle of the night before.

if you're not someone that can BMS for 2-3 consectutive nights, and you're so regular with your O date, then i would switch my BMS nights to 13 & 15. if you're feeling at all energetic, i would throw cd 16 in there as well. i always incorporated the day of my rise as part of my regimen. even after the egg is released it still viable and has the ability to be fertilized for 12-24 hours.

i would just like to mention that it would be to your advantage to OPK in conjunction with temping. seeing as tho BMS isn't always possible for you for 3-4 consectutive days, you want to be absolutely certain that you're timing things right. there's always a month or 2 where even those of us with completely regular cycles can rely on being off by a day or 2...KWIM?

good luck!
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

trustinginHim
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks..

I'm just tired of BM on the nights that we're not really up for it. I hate being a strict schedule, I'd rather it be more natural and spontantious, ya know?

DKNY
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    yep...i totally understand! during the last year of TTC my ds, it was getting so clinical....there was such difference with O time vs. just plain old spontaneous- let's have fun time.
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

cooroo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trusting:

I sure know what you mean about wanting to be more spontaneous, and also about it becoming a science experiment. I have to say, though, this time around, my DH really encouraged us to BMS, even if neither of us felt like it. Hard to believe, but we BMS'd the two days before O, the two days post O and TWICE on O day!!!! (We fortunately don't have male factor issues...it's all me) It was totally exhausting, but now I feel really good about the fact that we did everything we could. So, I think it's worth it to convince yourself to "JUST DO IT," whether the schedule is every other day or whatever. (If Nike only knew that slogan was so versatile!)

xo-Coo
    ttc: 4+ yrs me: 36, DH: 37
    3 natural m/c
    6 IUIs: 4 BFN, 1 m/c, 1 chem
    IVF #1 BFN IVF #2 BFN NO MORE TX
    Going to China Late Summer '07???

trustinginHim
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol

I know, I always feel better if I "Just do it!" but it's the getting there that's half the trouble!

cooroo
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet we all know that feeling!!!

edited to add try getting that loving feeling only to be interrupted by a dog peeing on the floor next to the bed!!! I think she was upset with too much BMSing. (the culprit was the one on the right)
    ttc: 4+ yrs me: 36, DH: 37
    3 natural m/c
    6 IUIs: 4 BFN, 1 m/c, 1 chem
    IVF #1 BFN IVF #2 BFN NO MORE TX
    Going to China Late Summer '07???

DKNY
    has no status.
    Over 5,000 Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    i bet we do!!!!
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

trustinginHim
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I've cleaned up lots of dog pee in my days... ours are finally trained now, (and we moved to a new house and left the accidents behind!) Thank-God b/c it's impossible to get the smell up completely! This morning we were trying to "complete the task" w/ a 21 mo old running around. Thank God he didn't understand! That's some info he'll never want to know!!! I was ticked at DH b/c he fell asleep early last night and missed a good chance. So I knew I'd be all worried if I didn't get some before he left for work. So how many other people have asked their hubby last minute "you got 5 minutes" quick! come in here! You know what makes me sad is the times I got pregnant when we were just having fun, I lost all those pregnancies. I'm anxious for my 2WW b/c I may be able to test on Father's Day, wouldn't that be a fun way to tell DH?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast