FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions

klm342
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Temp Rise before O?

I thought that your temp rises *after* O....but my chart this month contradicts that.

I had a positive OPK on cd13, 14, and 15, however my temp started to rise on cd14. How is it that my temp rose, but yet I was still getting a +OPK? I've also had EWCM on cd 14 and 15, so all signs are pointing to probably O on cd15.

I just thought it was strange that my temp has already spiked. Has anyone else had this happen?

klm342 - TCOYF

Thanks!

2. Advertisement

Maura
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there: How much of a rise did you see on cd 14? Even though your temp on cd 14 may have been higher than your temp on cd 13, maybe it wasn't higher than your temp on cds 8-12? I couldn't access your chart because it said I didn't have permission.

I'll check back!

++++++++++++
    Maura

klm342
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about that, I changed the permissions so you should be able to access it now! It was a significant increase, it spiked by 0.8.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Maura
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again! Ok, so your temp on cd 14 is higher than your temp on cds 11-13, but not higher than your temp on cd 10. In order to have a real thermal shift, you are looking for a temp rise of at least .2 of a degree higher than your previous 6 temps. Depending on what your temp does tomorrow, I'd say you did ovulate yesterday, on cd 15, which would be consistent with your OPK and your cm.

So, let's keep our fingers crossed for a temp of 97.6 or higher tomorrow! That said, don't worry if it's 97.5 because there is something called a "slow rise" pattern where temps rise only .1 of a degree post-O (but then continue to rise more after that).

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted++++++++
    Maura