FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

caridd
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Pensive

opk dark, light, dark again???

Ok so I did the opk each day and it went like this...

light
    med-dark
    light
    med-dark
    very dark (pos. result)
    very dark (pos. result)

is it normal for the LH to go up and then back down again? and I thought that only one day was supposed to have high LH and then it was supposed to go back down. I have 2 days so far of high LH with dark lines, plus the two previous days of medium-dark lines and I am worried that it may be due to my PCOS. Anyone have any experience with this??? Thanks!!!

2. Advertisement

clar
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have had that happen to me. While I was on clomid it happened every cycle because of my PCOS. I ended up having to go get an ultrasound to confirm what was going on. The doc said PCOS causes a hormonal imbalance that causes the LH level to have mini surges. Since I started taking Femera I have not had this problem. While I was on clomid I did learn how to better monitor my cervical position and mucus, which helps tremendously. Be sure to continue to BMS just in case. I wish you much luck.
    Dr. Clar 28 DH, My unexpected prince charming 32
    In God's Time: Our Journey to Parenthood
    It is hard to believe that I was 23 when this journey started! Oh well on to IVF! It worked!
    Tylin born March 21, 2010.

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    yes i've heard many women experience this. additionally. time of day and water intake can affect the results.

i would definitely go with the 2 "very dark" as positive and keep BMS'ing until you're sure you've O'd.

lastly, if you catch your surge at the very beginning it's totally normal to have 2 days of positives.

good luck!
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!