FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

mysticalmama06
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

How often should we have bms?

I'm newly married and was wondering about timing.

2. Advertisement

MommaRitz
    happy to be back!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say if the man has count issues then you want to do it every other day so it has time to replenish. If not some say every day leading up and a day or so after you O. We did it every other day from cd10 - 20 and we got pg with #2

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    congratulations on your nuptuals!!!

if you are actively TTC, i would say that it depends on how regular your cycle is and what method(s) you're using to verify when O occurs.

i've always had a very regular cycle and O'd on cd 14/15 of each cycle, so we started BMS usually around cd 12/13 and continued straight thru until i knew i had already O'd. usually about 4-5 consecutive days.

i was also temping and OPK'ing.

if you don't have an extremely reliable cycle, i would never advise anyone to wait that long to BMS. if your cycles are more erratic, it would be better to stretch out your BMS to cover more time, and do it every other day.

as always, i would also advise some sort of O tracking.

good luck! let us know if there's anything we can do to help you along.
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

mysticalmama06
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm temping and OPKing too and my cycles are pretty regular. We've been having bms a few times a week, but I'd like to have it a little more as I approach ovulation.

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    don't burn yourselves out before O comes.

we actually abstained for no less than 4 days before we started BMS. that way those first couple of days of BMS packed a punch. however, we weren't newly married so if you don't want to abstain, it's understandable. it's also not necessary. but i wouldn't "over do it" too soon.....
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

QueenValerie
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello*!!! Congrats on your recent wedding*!!! (just got married Oct 7th myself)

I would suggest that you BMS honestly as much as you can...4 days before O and even up to 4 days after...BUT teeheehee try and limit it to just once a day. (That is as long as new hubby has no male issues)

Good luck and keep us posted*!!!!

~QueenValerie~
    cd=5
    HSG #3 Tomorrow 10:15am