FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-491-2833

CammiesMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

Eggwhite CM after O??

I've been wondering why i have a few small patches of EWCM even after O. I have a wonderfully clear thermal shift, there is no question that i O'd, but why would i have EWCM after an O? It doesnt appear to be a problem, i'm just curious. BTW, we are not actively "trying" right now, i've been temping to get an idea of what my body is doing for the near future when we do start trying. I'm on my 4th cycle, all three complete cycles have had clear O's, but wierd EWCM patterns.

2. Advertisement

ChrisNY
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have that happen occassionally. I don't "dry up" as quickly as they suggest you should so it always seemed to affect my FF ovulation day. Also, if you did have BMS, it could be left over semen as that has pretty much the same consistency.

I would say as long as you have EWCM at ovulation you are doing great!

Maura
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there: I wouldn't worry about the cm either... as Chris said, not all women dry up after O... there is also a secondary surge of estrogen about a week after O that sometimes causes ewcm .... as long as you're seeing your temp rise, then most likely you're Oing just fine. If in doubt, you could always get a progesterone test 7 days after your temp rises just to confirm.

Good luck and keep us posted++++++++++
    Maura

CammiesMom
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies ladies! I was just curious. Its definatly not semen, i've actually been making DH put a helmet on because i'm not using OPK's or anything, just temping, and since i have several patches of EWCM i never know which one is going to be the one i O with...Its not safe for us to start ttc#2 just yet, i'm still on some Category C meds after my eye surgery last month...hopefully soon he'll take me off of them and we can get this ball rolling!! Thanks again!

Tammy01
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same thing happen to me for this cycle. I am positive that I o'd but all weekend I have been having lots of ewcm. It appears that I am 11 dpo and my bb's are extremly sore, we have pretty much given up hope at this point until we go to the fert. doc in april. I have heard that creamy cm is good but I only had a couple of days of it after I think that I o'd. Has anybody ever gotten preg. with ewcm after o?
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/137962