FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

jcod
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

11dpiui, BFN with Early Result Test (FRER)

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if there's any hope left......I know that a First Response Early Result Test is supposed to be the most sensitive. I tested yesterday and this morning, both BFN's, not even a faint line. Technically, a sensitive test should have showed something, right? I'm just wondering if anyone has used the same test and got a BFN around the same time I did and then a BFP. I know 11dpo is still pretty early, but I also know that the level of HCG required to even get a faint positive on an Early Result test is very low, so I've pretty much lost hope.

Any input would be great. Thanks girls.

2. Advertisement

AEO&A
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Don't give up hope just yet! 11dpo is still early and there have been plenty of ladies here who haven't got BFPs to much later. Tons of ++++ thoughts to you! I would wait 2 or 3 days and test again!

jcod
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks BC - I just figured that with a FRER being a BFN, this cycle is pretty much a bust.....you hear so many things about others getting BFP's 10 or 11 dpo with early tests. I didn't even have the faintest line. But thank you . Your sons are adorable, by the way!

BethIL
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't matter how sensitive the test is if you have a late implanter... since you don't make HCG until implant, the test can't measure something that's not there yet! Hang tight and wait a few days... say till 14dpo and test again. Good luck and +++++++++++ sticky vibes!

Maura
    has no status.
    Board Coordinator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I totally agree with the others... 11 dpIUI is so early, regardless of the brand of HPT ... there isn't an HPT in the world that is 100% reliable at that stage ... even a beta can be wrong at that point because you can still implant up to 12 dpo! So, please don't give up hope... for every story of a ++++ at 11 dpo there are many more stories of false negatives ....

Wait a few more days and if AF is still MIA, then test again... best of luck and keep us posted!
    +++++++++++++++
    Maura

carmel*apple
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in your exact shoes 3 years ago!! Not even the trigger showed up at 11dpiui. I had cramping and ever so slight spotting that I went and had a cocktail that weekend. Af was coming, I knew it for sure, I'd had so many m/c, it was obvious to me!!
    Well that BFN is right now using a marker to paint her fingernails as I type on this computer!! 15dpiui my beta was 350, so by all means I *should* have tested positive then, but nope!!
    There is definitely hope!!
    11/98
    12/03
    ectopics
    m/c
    02/08

mmi
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a 13 dpiui CLEARLY negative hpt. I even stupidly stopped my progesterone. AF did not arrive, so i retested 15dpiui, super faint.... didn't have much hope. My beta was fine though. Hang in there!! and good luck.

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    i agree....it's early. i got a BFN at 14/15 dpo with a cd 14 o, and got a BFP 4 days later when i tested again. implantation can occur up until 12 dpo, so it's very possible to get a false neg at this point. good luck!
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

DKNY
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    ooops..i just realized that i pretty much repeated what maura already said

i should've read more carefully...sorry...
    Dina

I frizzle chickens!!

jcod
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your encouraging words. I tried to remain positive, but in my heart, I know it's over. I'm still taking the progesterone, just in case, but I am not even feeling the side effects from that anymore (bb's were sore for a few days, not anymore, and other effects have also subsided), so I'm pretty much thinking AF is on her way! I do know for next cycle not to test so early though! Thank you all again .