FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    brenrow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Clear Passage

Anybody tried Clear Passage? This is my first month TTC since therapy in March. Just want to hear from others and see how their ttc experience has been after therapy.

2. Advertisement

MashaND
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't know much about it but please keep us posted how it works out for you. I hope smbd else can give you more info on that
    M
    Me:31 , DH: 35
    TTC # 1 since 2001
    Dx: Tubal, PCOS, immune & bacterial issues
    1 Ectopic angel.
    to get soon

KatIND
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried it, but just received my info packet in the mail. Can you tell me a bit about your experience with them? I have yet to find out what the costs are...can you give me an idea?

Wish you the best!

brenrow
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience was so Awesome! The atmosphere is so relaxed and the therapists are so wonderful. I had the best week there. I didn't want to leave. Just truly a wonderful healing experience. It's so unlike anything I've experienced before. I just couldn't say enough good things about the treatment or the therapists. I'm not sure what the cost is now, I think they just raised the rates , but mine was $4,200. Well worth the money even if I don't get PG. I was having a lot of hip pain from some old injuries and was having problems walking or even standing for prolonged periods and now the pain is gone. Completely gone! It was so incredibly quick also. On day three of treatment I went for my prescribed walk and my legs felt different. Hard to describe , but my legs just felt more fluid, like the range of motion had increased . I told the therapist it was like I was learning to walk all over again. I still have to remind myself to relax and walk naturally after years of tightening my muscles against the pain. They spent less time on my hip then my tubes so it was very promising to see such immediate results . I have my first Dr. appt. on May 4th and will schedule an HSG if I don't get PG this cycle. This is my 2nd cycle since treatment. I'll let you know how it goes and if you want to e-mail me with more questions feel free. Bmbrandt_67@yahoo.com
    Last edited by brenrow; 04-20-2005 at 01:05 AM.

lilred7
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    brenrow,

I have been to my 1st 2 hr. session of 20 hours of therapy there in gainesville. I am lucky enough to live about 1.5 hours away and can drive down there. I felt really comfortable during my first session and am looking forward to my next one in a couple of weeks. I am just wondering if you have been able to get pg. since your last post and/or how are you doing?

lilred7

nettie32
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

clear passage

Last week I went through 20 hours of therapy at Clear Passage therapies in
    Ankeny, IA . It was one of the best experiences of my life. I have endo and lots of pain with my cycles and I'm on my second day of my first period since therapy and the pain is considerably less intense. We chose to go through therapy because both of my tubes are blocked and I don't want to go through IVF. We thought our chances would be about the same but at a less cost. So far I would recommend this to anyone with lots of pain. Their fingers work magic and they make you feel so comfortable.

I went to my ob-gyn Thursday for my annual pap, and I mentioned that I would like an HSG test to check my tubes again. She then proceeded to tell me she doesn't believe in the Clear Passage way, needless to say I was very angry at her. How would she know if it works or not, it's not her field. So she said to wait until my next cycle starts and we'll set up a time to do the dye test then. I'm hoping that when I do have to call, it's because we are hoping to get pregnant and prove to her that this does really work.

These therapists that work on you are the most amazing women I have ever met. They made me feel so relaxed and comfortable I looked forward to my treatments twice a day.

If anyone has any questions on Clear Passage I will do my best to answer them. I honestly believe these people are out to help women like us who have lots of pelvic pain or blocked tubes.

lilred7
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nettie32, i just read your post and i agree,,, i have completed 10 hours of therapy so far. i am going one day a week to gainesville. It really is amazing how this works... i fully believe in this therapy (even if i never do get pg)... i can feel my adhesions breaking apart. Don't get me wrong, it can get pretty intense at times, but then afterwards, man, i feel great. yeah, my doctor didn't want to here anything about it when i tried to talk to him about it back in july, and i would love for the next time that i see him it would be because i am pg... which i don't know if i'll go back to him, i might would find another dr. i was (an still am) pissed at him for dismissing my ideas and thoughts about the steps i should take. anyway,,, let us know how things go,,, i will keep posting too...

lilred7

homebeth
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the middle of doing Clear Passages therapy in New York. I confess that my experience is not as positive as I had expected. The therapy is beyond "intense;" in fact it's quite painful. The woman who does the therapy in NYC (there is only one therapist here) says that it's supposed to be quite painful and, when I've asked about this pain, she's said that she could let off, but then it won't be as effective. Twice when I've asked her to back off of a spot, she's said that she can't just yet.

My biggest concern, however, is not that the therapy is painful or that it leaves me quite sore, but that the left side of my jaw is NUMB three days after having been worked on.

Have other people had this experience? I was surprised that the therapist did internal mouth/jaw work, since I'm there for infertility/elevated FSH, but she said that this was the procedure for everyone, because everything is connected and a stress from the jaw to the head to the back to the pelvis is all related.

But the numbness is really scaring me. What have other people found?

lilred7
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi homebeth,

Wow, I never had any numbness from therapy so I don't know what to tell you about that. I have completed my 20 hours and there were times when it was very intense and well, painful, but I always felt fine, even great, a couple of days later. I went 1 day a week for 5 weeks. My FSH numbers are ok, and they never did any mouth work on me, but they did do some head and neck work a couple of times. Anyway, you may want to go to the forum where Belinda will personally answer your questions. I tried to post a link but it wouldn't work. I guess is like competition. anyway, you may have to search for it. www..org wow, it won't show it, but it is pronounced 'inside'... The InterNational Council on Infertility Information Dissimination. Or you can go to the Clear Passage website there is a link there...

http://www.clearpassage.com/

Good Luck,
    Lilred
    Last edited by lilred7; 10-17-2005 at 07:47 AM.

ybc
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you update?

I'm considering clear passage therapy, and this is the place that I've found the most information about them other than their own website and press releases. I would really appreciate it if I can hear an update from those of you who've had therapies there. It's quite expensive ($5100 in CA) and I want to make sure that it's worth it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast