FertileThoughts.com - Infertility, adoption, pregnancy and parenting discussions
Looking for a Fertility Doctor? 855-996-7283

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    andrea111
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

Question pregnancy after hysteroscopy surgery to remove intra uterine adhesions

Dear All,

New here. 37 y.o. TTC since one year for 1st baby, and all exams including HSG were normal except that I just had a hysteroscopy surgery to remove intrauterine adhesions which had closed almost half of my uterus and that did not show on the HSG.
    I need to know if anyone has had this surgery and how long after, they could get pregnant. Also, if any of you got pregnant what was the outcome. I have been goggling a lot and most of the pages indicate that there is a very high risk of miscarriage after this operation.

Any information can help, thank you

2. Advertisement

euspaca
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be interested in the answer to this question as well. I have been TTC #2 for 3 years and just had my second hysteroscopy to remove scare tissue - the first was to remove a uterine septum. There is a lot more history which I wont bore you with.

Good luck andrea111.

Regards,
    Paula

andrea111
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like

bump up

just bumping up in case anyone has a reply
    thanks to all

tac
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back in early March I had a diagnostic Hysteroscopy with D&C and a few other procedures. I didn't have adhesions, but I did get pregnant in April. I am now 9 weeks, and so far so good. Hope this helps

kim2222
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in 2007 I had a surgical hysteroscopy to remove adhesions from my uterus. They weren't found until we had already undergone two IVF cycles. I had the surgery in May 2007. We did another IVF cycle immediately following the surgery in June 2007 and got our BFP! Our son is 15 months old.

Good luck to you!

YayaMimi
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had surgery to remove adhesions abouts 1 1/2 yrs ago. I was given clearance to cycle 6 weeks later. Unfortunately, that cycle did not work, but I am now 12 weeks pg with twins. I am also 37. Many, many women have successful pgs after removal of adhesions, but it is good to be followed by a high risk OB. Good luck!!!

euspaca
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    andrea111

I posted here 1+ mths ago after my second hysteroscopy to remove more scare tissue - 3yrs TTC, 3mc, hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum, HSG, 3 IVFs, 2 IUIs, etc.

I am now pregnant NATURALLY in my first cycle after the hysteroscopy. It is still early days in my pregnancy, but at least I know I can get pregnant again...and without all the extra technology.

All the very best...it is possible!

fetch
    has no status.
    Post Thanks / Like

pg ment

I'm sorry I didn't read this post until now.

I had an HSG which also showed everything was fine, but then went on to have failed cycle after cycle.

I then had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and D&C which showed I had severe adhesions which had stuck my bowel to the back of my uterus, my ovaries and tubes were twisted and stuck to my uterus.
    I had a second surgery to remove the scar tissue and on my very next IVF cycle I got pg. I decided to do IVF because I wanted better odds and was at my wits end after 9 failed IUI cycles previous to the surgeries, I just wanted it to work and it did!

I'm now 38wk pg.

andrea111
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear All,
    Thank you for your replies. From the 4 replies last posted, only one Euscapa could get pregnant naturally.
    For the others did your doctor advise IVF ? Should this be done imperatively ?
    My Ob told me to try naturally , but he is not in a hurry, I am !!!
    Do you advise for me to start IVF ?

Thank you
    Andrea

euspaca
    has no status.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea111,
    I am a firm believer in taking control of your own path. We absolutley should take information and advice from the doctor(s) as well as educating ourselves with facts, and we should ultimately decide what is right for us. My doctor did not suggest or push for me to have my 2nd hysteroscopy, but I felt my issue at that point had something to do with implantation and I suggested it to him. He gave me the information and said it was not an unreasonable request. I then pushed for the proceedure and am now pregnant naturally. This might not have happened if I had not taken the lead.

If you feel in your heart that everything else is ok at this point, and you would benefit from IVF then you should request it, or find a new RE.

Just one word of caution, IVF is not the "cure all" solution. It can work wonderfully if everything else is "working" properly...or they have clearly identified and addressed the fertility issues.

All the very best for whatever you decide.
    Paula

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast